• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's greatest ODI team of all time

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First XI:

Sachin Tendulkar
Sanath Jayasuriya (6)
Viv Richards
Virat Kohli
AB de Villiers
MS Dhoni (wk) (c)
Andrew Flintoff (4)
Wasim Akram (2)
Joel Garner (3)
Mutthiah Muralitharan (5)
Glenn McGrath (1)

Second XI:

Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Shane Watson (6)
Ricky Ponting (c)
Zaheer Abbas
Michael Hussey
Jonty Rhodes
Lance Klusener (4)
Shaun Pollock (2)
Mitchell Starc (1)
Nathan Bracken (3)
Saqlain Mushtaq (5)

3rd XI:

Saeed Anwar
Mark Waugh (6)
Saurav Ganguly (5)
Greg Chappell
Javed Miandad
Clive Lloyd (c)
Jos Buttler (wk)
Shane Warne (4)
Zaheer Khan (3)
Dennis Lillee (2)
Curtly Ambrose (1)

smash84

The Tiger King
Why do you have Nathan Bracken (he was definitely a gun ODI bowler) and ZK ahead of Hadlee, Dev, or Imran?

OverratedSanity

But surely Imran, Kapil and Hadlee add more value to the sides. All 3 were excellent strike bowlers for their sides as well as pretty handy with the bat.
I have Klusner and Pollcok at 7 and 8. Don't need any more batting. Starc isn't a mug either.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
1) Greatest XI

Adam Gilchrist
Sachin Tendulkar
Michael Bevan
Viv Richards
AB de Villiers
Michael Hussey
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Joel Garner
Glenn McGrath

2) Deserve-a-spot XI

Gordon Greenidge
Hasham Amla
Jacques Kallis
Virat Kohli
Ricky Ponting
MS Dhoni
Brad Hogg
Brett Lee
Waqar Younis
Alan Donald
Michael Holding

3) Play-for-Patto XI

Mathew Hayden
Kane Williamson
Dean Jones
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara
Andrew Symonds
Richard Hadlee
Nathan Bracken
Ajantha Mendis
Shane Bond
Curtly Ambrose

OverratedSanity

And, Zak is a sentimental pick. Also better with the ladies than Kapil and Hadlee, and less boring than Imran.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
His fifer in that 438 game is probably the most underrated spell in ODI history and he was the reason Australia won the 2006 Champions Trophy I think...
In the final, West Indies (after beating Australia in the Group Stage) were 49/0 after 5 overs. Enter Bracken...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
And, Zak is a sentimental pick. Also better with the ladies than Kapil and Hadlee, and less boring than Imran.
You're having a lend. This is either an overestimation of Zak, or a scathing assessment of Imran's personality. Granted I have never heard a single profound or intentionally hilarious statement emerge from Imran's mouth, so you could well mean the latter.

As for Zak, he was challenged by Morris at the IPL to work the word "porcupine" into his televised post match analysis.

Zak is such an "interesting" guy that the way he accomplished this is by stating on air, "Chris Morris wants me to work the word 'porcupine' into my segment. So here it is - 'porcupine'."

Kirkut

International Regular
You're having a lend. This is either an overestimation of Zak, or a scathing assessment of Imran's personality. Granted I have never heard a single profound or intentionally hilarious statement emerge from Imran's mouth, so you could well mean the latter.

As for Zak, he was challenged by Morris at the IPL to work the word "porcupine" into his televised post match analysis.

Zak is such an "interesting" guy that the way he accomplished this is by stating on air, "Chris Morris wants me to work the word 'porcupine' into my segment. So here it is - 'porcupine'."
Agreed on Imran, easily the most intense/stern cricketer.