• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowler hunt in Pakistan

Bouncer

State Regular
Just saw an Add on TV in whcih shoaib appeared and it was about a Fast bowling hunt competition(Mar 5th to Mar 12) in four cities of Pak, the chosen bowlers will send to Aus for furthar training.

Bouncer

State Regular
The results from the first day at KRL stadium Pinid

Nadar Zeeshan: 85.31MPH

Saad Altaaf : 81 MPH

Javed Iqbal : 74 MPH

These three bowlers will be allowed to participate in the final in Karachi on 12th of Mar

masterblaster

International Captain
You guys have got enough fast bowlers as it is!

oh and by the way I hate your avatar as well!

:!( :!( :D :D :D :P :P

Craig

World Traveller
This proves to me some where in Pakistan that there is a conveyor belt producing fast bowlers in Pakistan.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
those results are from karachi which isnt known to produce express bowlers apart from sami.

wait till the results from the punjab province appear.:lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Muddaser said:
those results are from karachi which isnt known to produce express bowlers apart from sami.

wait till the results from the punjab province appear.:lol:
:O

When will Pakistanis learn that speed is NOTHING without accuracy!! Whats the use of a missile that misses its target?? Nothing , right?

We have seen Sami, he bowls fast and almost always is erratic, batsmen punishes him without mercy yet he shamelessly returns to get more punishment. Now if all those pacers whome you are claiming bowl so fats are also accurate, then why aren't they in the team in place of Sami???

Pak need some quality pacers that can bow at good pace without losing accuracy and can also swing the bowl.In India we have Zaheer Khan, Ajit and Pathan that are doing a wonderful job.If Pak need to match India, they need to improve their domestic competition.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
ajaagarajaja (or whatever), zaheer is good. but ajit agarkar is a crappy bowler and pathan hasn't played that much and in the VB series, he no doubt was aggressive and got the ball to swing but he was taken apart.

V Reddy

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
When will Pakistanis learn that speed is NOTHING without accuracy!! Whats the use of a missile that misses its target?? Nothing , right?

We have seen Sami, he bowls fast and almost always is erratic, batsmen punishes him without mercy yet he shamelessly returns to get more punishment. Now if all those pacers whome you are claiming bowl so fats are also accurate, then why aren't they in the team in place of Sami???

Pak need some quality pacers that can bow at good pace without losing accuracy and can also swing the bowl.In India we have Zaheer Khan, Ajit and Pathan that are doing a wonderful job.If Pak need to match India, they need to improve their domestic competition.
:lol: . If Indian pace bowling is that good why don't we win much AA especially considering that we have the best batting lineup according to you? All those bowlers are very inconsistent . Pathan hasn't conceded less that 5 rpo against Aus in a single match . Check out AA's performance in VB series. Zaheer was good before and during WC but hasn't much after that and is always struggling with an injury.

First India went to hunt for Indian version of waseem and Waqar in India, and now Pakistan is hunting for fast bowlers, i wonder why don't they pay attention to declining standard of spinners in sub-continent?

If Indian pace bowling is that good why don't we win much AA especially considering that we have the best batting lineup according to you? All those bowlers are very inconsistent . Pathan hasn't conceded less that 5 rpo against Aus in a single match . Check out AA's performance in VB series. Zaheer was good before and during WC but hasn't much after that and is always struggling with an injury.
Its just my opinion that Indian batting lineup is best in the world, most people do acknowledge that.Austrlalians though are just behind India in batting department.

Ajit alone cannot do everything for India, Ajit afred well in the test series but in the VB series he wasn't alone that came up with poor display, the whole team played poorly and tere were several factors for it.

AS you have acknowledge that Khan was good during and before the WC, then do you actually think he's fading at such a young age?? He was only struggling with injuries as has been the case with every second pacer today (Akhter,Lee,Jason,McGrath, Nehra...the list goes on).

Pathan went to Australia as a cub but turned into a tiger during the series in such a short period.Frankly noone expected so much from him.

Mate, what India achieved in Australia , others can only dream of.

V Reddy

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Its just my opinion that Indian batting lineup is best in the world, most people do acknowledge that.Austrlalians though are just behind India in batting department.

Ajit alone cannot do everything for India, Ajit afred well in the test series but in the VB series he wasn't alone that came up with poor display, the whole team played poorly and tere were several factors for it.

AS you have acknowledge that Khan was good during and before the WC, then do you actually think he's fading at such a young age?? He was only struggling with injuries as has been the case with every second pacer today (Akhter,Lee,Jason,McGrath, Nehra...the list goes on).

Pathan went to Australia as a cub but turned into a tiger during the series in such a short period.Frankly noone expected so much from him.

Mate, what India achieved in Australia , others can only dream of.
With Zaheer i doubt he can keep the same momentum like Nehra. AA will never be consistent. One good performance followed by three mediocre ones. Pathan i think has the talent but it will be interesting to see how he will develop.

Indian performance was good in Aus but in the end what matters are results and they didn't go with India. They need to play with the same momentum in Pak too which will give them series victory but i doubt they will. Even after the Ind-Aus series in 2001 everyone said India is going to do well now but sadly the same thing continued.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
onemangang said:
First India went to hunt for Indian version of waseem and Waqar in India, and now Pakistan is hunting for fast bowlers, i wonder why don't they pay attention to declining standard of spinners in sub-continent?
true that...infact i would say there is really a dearth of quality spin bowlers overall. Murali is the only bowler from subcontinent, and Warne the other best in world not from subcontinent. Every other bowler is just little above average (harbhajan, saqlain, vettori etc).

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
if you saw PAK under 19 team you'll realise it was the spinners and not the pacers who were quality bowlers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Under 19 Cricket has next to no basis on the real deal.

If it did then in 2 or 3 years time the Windies will be one of the top, and Australia one of the bottom!

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
what i was trying to say that they are spinners coming through in pakistan. in fact this was the first PAK team which had better spinners than pacers.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Under 19 Cricket has next to no basis on the real deal.

If it did then in 2 or 3 years time the Windies will be one of the top, and Australia one of the bottom!
Well may not be as a team but it does produce individual talent. In the present Indian team Parthiv Patel, Md. Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan all have played in U-19 and have done well. Dont know about other countries though, I do know that Ravi Rampaul has been playing for WI senior team.