• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Backyard Cricket Rulz, 20 off 6 Balls

StUEy

Cricket Spectator
I have always loved backyard cricket.

My brother and I became bored one day and thought, instead of the same old backyard cricket, lets make up a new game.

A great idea came to me....

Game Name - 20 off 6 balls

(The rules are exampled for 20 runs off 6 balls)

#The object is to get 20 off 6 balls, sounds simple, but let me tell you it gets bloody annoying. Maybe a catch to the game is that the batsman starts left handed to chase down 20 runs off six balls. Once the batsman gets that total, they turn to their right hand to get 20 runs off 6 balls. But when the right hand total is completed, the total becomes 30 runs off 10 balls batting left hand, once that's completed the total is scored of the right hand. And the final known total we use is 40 runs off 12 balls.

#The rules are that obviously you need to get 20 runs off 6 balls. Anything down leg side, or wide of the off stump is wide, one run off the score, the ball must be re-bowled. A ball that is delivered over the waist on the full and and a bouncer that is well over your head is called a no ball. Much the same as a wide, one run off the score and the ball must be re-bowled.

#With the 6 balls to be bowled, the bowler is aloud one faster delivery, which is commonly used in deperate times.

#You don't run in this backyard cricket game. Everyone's backyard has boundaries for 4's and 6's, that's how the runs are tallied along with the sundries.

#Maybe the most damaging rule, if the ball by the batsman is hit over the fence or house .etc., the batsman is out.

# A rule I finally state is that you bat until you go out (however your, dismissal backyard systems works), doesn't matter if you don;t make the total.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situations and Regularities
#20 runs off 6 balls - 1 faster ball (LHB, RHB)
#30 runs off 6 balls - 2 faster balls (LHB, RHB)
#40 runs off 6 balls - 4 faster balls (LHB, RHB)