Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Australian Contracts

Is that four years up allready for Murray Goodwin?

Ide really hate to see him play for Australia, especially if he only gets the odd game. Australia dont need him. There are 15 other Goodwins for them to pick from, but Zimbabwe need him BADLY. They would be a very good ODI side with him.

It would be a cricketing tragedy to see him play for Australia.

Im not saying he should be forced to move back to Zim, or even reccomend it, but the mess in Zim is ruining many things, including the cricket team.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Goodwin will never get a contract for Australia unless the whole team died in a tragic accident. Even then he might not get one.

Tait is certainly a chance, but I would rather see Cleary get a contract. Tait seems a little too expensive for my liking and Cleary can bat a bit.

Banned
    Canberra (in body), Perth (in spirit), Nagoya (in the future)
    Originally posted by pontingrulz
    taits in for mine and Watsons out. Watson doesnt deserve one cause hes a bit on the inconsistent/crap player side. Tait is an extremely good player who has far more talent than Watson. If i remember correctly Tait outscored Watson in an Australia a match against Zimbabwe when the pressure was on. Tait has far more chance of being an allrounder than Watson
    If I remember correctly Watson scored 983 runs @ 54.61 with 4 hundreds and 3 fifties in the Pura Cup.

Oh yeah, you're right, he's crap.

Rik
    Originally posted by furious_ged
    If I remember correctly Watson scored 983 runs @ 54.61 with 4 hundreds and 3 fifties in the Pura Cup.

Oh yeah, you're right, he's crap.
    And in International Cricket?
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    And in International Cricket?
    Oh come on Rik, you must know by now that sincehe's Australian he'd walk into any side in the World!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Watson should never have played ODIs. Not yet anyway. He is not a one day player, but I definately do think he has a future in test cricket.

And his intetrnational record isnt THAT bad. He averges 36 with the bat and 35 with the ball. His batting average is higher than his bowling average.

International Debutant
    Originally posted by pontingrulz
    taits in for mine and Watsons out. Watson doesnt deserve one cause hes a bit on the inconsistent/crap player side. Tait is an extremely good player who has far more talent than Watson. If i remember correctly Tait outscored Watson in an Australia a match against Zimbabwe when the pressure was on. Tait has far more chance of being an allrounder than Watson
    ohh come on !!

this is blatent hatred of a player for no good reason.

Not only does Watson have a FC bowling avrage as good as Tait's but his FC batting avrage is a very respectable 45.

And he is improving his batting in One Day domestic game's very rapidly as well. He started the Domestic One Day season off crap with the bat but the last half of the season he has been very consistant and infact 375 runs at 38 is a very respectable avrage overall.

And he is only going to get better and better IMO. I have never met anyone who works harder on there game than Watson and this is also an opinion shared by many of the senior Australian players.

International Debutant
    Originally posted by Prince EWS
    Watson should never have played ODIs. Not yet anyway. He is not a one day player, but I definately do think he has a future in test cricket.

And his intetrnational record isnt THAT bad. He averges 36 with the bat and 35 with the ball. His batting average is higher than his bowling average.
    Yep it was a case of the slectors picking a player for ODI's based on his FC performances not One day performances.

I think they were just desprate for that allrounder.

But having said that he is a much better One day batsman than he was back then and his OD performances this year have been very good.

His bowling is going to be much better for One Day game's now as well with his new action. It's not half as skidy and allows him to swing the ball nicely.

Banned
    Canberra (in body), Perth (in spirit), Nagoya (in the future)
    Originally posted by Eclipse
    Yep it was a case of the slectors picking a player for ODI's based on his FC performances not One day performances.

I think they were just desprate for that allrounder.

But having said that he is a much better One day batsman than he was back then and his OD performances this year have been very good.

His bowling is going to be much better for One Day game's now as well with his new action. It's not half as skidy and allows him to swing the ball nicely.
    That's right. His game is much better now. He's saved Tassie on countless occasions this summer, but we're yet to see the results of that. Certainly they are deserving of a chance.

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    How come that the Aussies give 30 players Central contracts and people dont moan yet we English give 12 and yet people say it not the right thing

Or are England doing it wrong?

International Debutant
    Originally posted by chris.hinton
    How come that the Aussies give 30 players Central contracts and people dont moan yet we English give 12 and yet people say it not the right thing

Or are England doing it wrong?
    Probably I mean the ECB are not really known for getting things right lol.

seriously?? well I am not sure but 12 contracts does not seem like many.

Originally posted by Prince EWS
    Yes, but his bowling average is somewhat skewed by 3 matches against Bangladesh and Kenya, and his actual contribution per innings isn't that great, he is just able to remain not out in about half of his knocks thus far.

Originally posted by Eclipse
    Not only does Watson have a FC bowling avrage as good as Tait's but his FC batting avrage is a very respectable 45.
    Watson may have as good a FC average, but Tait has taken as many wickets as Watson has in about half the number of games...

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Yes, but his bowling average is somewhat skewed by 3 matches against Bangladesh and Kenya, and his actual contribution per innings isn't that great, he is just able to remain not out in about half of his knocks thus far.
    is that Kenya who got to the World Cup Semis?
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Knew someone would mention that.

As good an achievement as that was, it was aided by non-cricketing factors somewhat.

Besides, looking at all 3 of those matches he took the wickets that skew his average in, only 1 of the wickets was of anyone who batted above number 8!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information