• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI GOAT at cricket.com.au

Victor Ian

International Coach
I cant take this serious when Clarke beats out Deano in the first round. Clarke was a piece of crap in comparison.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Clarke wasn't crap, but he wasn't anywhere near as significant in ODI (or as good) as Deano was.

I don't think people realise how unreal Viv was.

That SR of 90 from 74-91 is better than anyone within the top 50 run scorers who played in that era, aside from Kapil Dev (who averaged 26). In addition to having the highest SR of the top 50 runscorers of his era, he also had the highest average (47) of anyone in that top 50 other than mid career Dean Jones. He was phenomenal, other players considered good from that era (Gower, Boon, Miandad, Haynes, Greenidge) had SRs in the 60s and 70s, while plenty of good players had SRs in the 50s.

Zaheer Abbas is another who excelled in that early era.

No major issue with Tendulkar knocking him out, but Viv was the best IMO.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Viv was awesome and it seems that most people lack the ability to translate stats in context. If Viv played now he would have scored a few 200's, would have had a strike rate well over 100 and eaten two pieces of gum per innings. That Deano had a period where he outshone Viv just highlights how enormously awesome he was. It's such a shame that I did not start following cricket until the first part of Viv's career was done.

Red

Watch this and imagine him nowadays with new bats and half sized grounds.

Royal Chargers Bangalore XI or whoever would be paying a trillion a season for him.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga v Sachin is the final and Sachin's getting smashed. Kumar currently leads with almost 80% of the vote :laugh:

Well done, Lankabots

watson

Banned
635,563 votes for Sangakkara versus 175,731 votes for Tendulkar is quite a drubbing.

Seems like a bunch of Nationalists rather than cricket enthusiasts voted.

Red

There's actually no point running polls like this online

Burner

International Regular
How on earth did Sanga get to the final anyway? I can instantly name atleast 10 other batsmen who are better than him.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's really interesting is that there's Sri Lankan fans willing to go to all this trouble more so than Indian fans, which surprises me.

What were all the hardcore sociopathic Indian fans doing? Poor showing IMO

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What were all the hardcore sociopathic Indian fans doing?
Watching IPL, and not knowing a website called cricket.com.au exists

Otherwise, no non-Indian cricketer could enter the top 8 (tell cricinfo to repeat this after the IPL, to test my theory)

Last edited: