• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best book on Australia's 1991 tour of West Indies?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
The 1990/91 Australian tour of the West Indies will filled with animosity between the two sides as well as some off the field controversies.

Can anyone recommend me the best book/tour diary on this series?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's one by Mike Coward called 'Caribbean Odyssey' which I have somewhere but don't ever recall reading, so can't help as to whether it's better than Fishman's firelighter

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Mike Coward somehow manage to wangle into his book how special it is to play cricket in India? He does in any other conversation or article of his I've ever read.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
If anyone has read Mike Coward's "Caribbean Odyssey", please give a review of this book.

Does it includes a detail description of the tour including the heated exchanges between the players and other controversies?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If anyone has read Mike Coward's "Caribbean Odyssey", please give a review of this book.

Does it includes a detail description of the tour including the heated exchanges between the players and other controversies?
It's very well illustrated, and looks like he's tried to make it a bit of a travel book too - I'll have a better look at the weekend

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

The Fishman book might be for you after all. Can't promise it's not partially a product of his imagination though.