• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introducing cricinsight: Visualize custom statistics

viriya

International Captain
After the site overhaul the natural next step was to come up with a custom query tool that has access to all the data behind the ratings.

The result was cricinsight, an easy way to visualize custom statistics in a one-page view for better interactivity and usability. Think of it as a more usable and prettier version of statsguru.

cricinsight.png

Sample queries
Custom query options
  • Match format (Test/ODI/T20I/FT20)
  • Discipline (Batting/Bowling/All-Round/Fielding/Win Shares)
  • Player (All or specific)
  • Team (All or selected)
  • Opposition (All or selected)
  • Home or away
  • Host country (All or selected)
  • Ground (All or specific)
  • Date range (from - to)
  • Match result
  • Batting or fielding first
  • Innings
  • Result qualification (to filter specific results)
  • Group by (player, ground, opposition or inning)
  • Sort results by
  • Match type (knockout or world cup)
  • League (For franchise t20 leagues All/IPL/BBL/CPL)

Appreciate any feedback on possible improvements and other ideas! Reddit post here.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there any easier way to search for players besides the drop down list?

Looks pretty cool, I like how you can sort stats by leagues. Maybe get the WC in there as well?

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
You can type in players in the drop down - that doesn't work for mobile though.

You can select World Cup through the "Match type" option.

viriya

International Captain
Fixed a few bugs:
- Submit button works as intended again
- The dropdowns in charts work as intended again
- The "improved" Player and Ground dropdowns are sorted alphabetically again and work in mobile now

vcs

This is brilliant work.. is this a hobby or your full-time job?

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is ace. Great work.

I really like how you can look up individual points on the scatter graph, and how the colour lets you see how different nations have particular trends.

The red English blobs go from top left to bottom right - the more serious a batsman you are, the more you put a price on your wicket.
The blue Australian blobs go from bottom left to top right - the better a batsman you are, the more freely you score.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, Amit Mishra misses more than 50% catches in IPL, and David Miller doesn't miss any!

Betting sites surely don't have this kind of data - thanks viriya

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Wow, Amit Mishra misses more than 50% catches in IPL, and David Miller doesn't miss any!

Betting sites surely don't have this kind of data - thanks viriya
Just for full disclosure, fielding stats need to be taken with a grain of salt since I can't guarantee that I'm picking up every single fielding event with my methodology. Those numbers aren't far off though.

Also, talking about betting, my next to do is to make a bettor's numbers haven. Stay tuned. I'm gonna call it "cricodds" to increase the chances cricinfo sues me ;)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What about collecting bowling speeds as a measurement you can run stats queries over Virya?

It is often interesting to know how fast someone is bowling or has bowled...

viriya

International Captain
What about collecting bowling speeds as a measurement you can run stats queries over Virya?

It is often interesting to know how fast someone is bowling or has bowled...
That would be some interesting data but afaik there is no good source for historical bowling speeds around (ball-by-ball). If you know where I can find it I can definitely take a look.
I could only find a summary - hardly enough data to play with.

Shady Slim

International Coach
wow this is brilliant
one improvement i may suggest is the ability to differentiate between seamers and spinners, but regardless it's amazing

viriya

International Captain
wow this is brilliant
one improvement i may suggest is the ability to differentiate between seamers and spinners, but regardless it's amazing
Thanks - and yea, that's something I don't store currently but it's out there so def possible.

Daemon

I tried looking up bowling>T20>World Cups but the results come up empty. Are the WT20s not considered WCs in this?