• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2018

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This actually sounds pretty decent in so far as the T20 universe goes.

They should unveil a Sangakkara wax statue in the opening ceremony (is there one?) for Madame Tussauds Hong Kong.

cnerd123

likes this
This is so worth a bump...

Hong Kong T20 Blitz 2017 | South China Morning Post

New Zealand?s James Franklin, Scotland?s Calum MacLeod and West Indian Nicholas Pooran join Hong Kong T20 Blitz | South China Morning Post

English speedster Tymal Mills and South Africa?s Johan Botha to play in Hong Kong T20 Blitz | South China Morning Post

Tymal Mills? IPL price tag of HK$13.5 million raises profile of Hong Kong T20 Blitz | South China Morning Post

We would have had Yusuf Pathan too if the BCCI weren't such ****s about it.

The event is next month and the buzz around HK is real. I've already purchased my tickets. I might be working at the event, but seem to have blown out my knee recently, which would mean I wouldn't be of much use unless i get to become scorer or something (oh one can dream...)

And following the heels of Jarrod Kimber -who was here for the HK Netherlands game but I couldn't see him cuz my ****ing knee meant I was stuck on the couch- Peter Miller will be coming over to cover the T20 Blitz. You all know Peter Miller right? Journalist, Author and host of the Geek and Friends Podcast, AKA the Cricketweb Podcast's arch nemisis.

Yes that's right. And he's going to be here in HK. On our turf. Again.

Fun times ahead.

cnerd123

likes this
Chris Jordan and Ryad Emrit are going to be making their way over to Hong Kong as well.

England?s Chris Jordan and West Indies? Rayad Emrit joins City Kaitak for Hong Kong T20 Blitz | South China Morning Post

The list of Internationals now reads:

Galaxy Gladiators Lantau: Kumar Sangakkara, Jesse Ryder, Sohail Tanvir, Seekkuge Prasanna, Assad Vala

HKI United: Misbah Ul-Haq (Pak), 4 x TBC

City Kaitak: Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL), Kyle Coetzer (Sco), Nicholas Pooran (WI), Rayad Emrit (WI), Chris Jordan (ENG)

Kowloon Cantons: Shahid Afridi (Pakistan), Tymal Mills (Eng), Calum MacLeod (Sco) 2 x TBC

Hung Hom JD Jaguars: Darren Sammy (WI), Mohammad Naveed (UAE), James Franklin (NZ), Johan Botha (RSA/Syd Sixers), 1 x TBC

Still enough space for another 7 internationals to join us. #hype

Shri

Mr. Glass
Will you be a ball boy during the tournament? Wear a CW shirt. Or if you don't have one, write CW on an orange shirt with a blavk marker in bold letters.

cnerd123

likes this
I'll most probably be there in a Cricket Hong Kong shirt. I'm technically an employee of CHK now so I get staff access :cool:

brockley

International Captain
How many Chinese playing?
How will this effect China in cricket?
And is their any coverage(live *********?),seems cricinfo not covering.

cnerd123

likes this
> Five Ethnic Chinese cricketers will be playing, and there will be a lot of Chinese staff/volunteers at the even too

> I think in the short term this event should prove to local investors and the government that Cricket is a sport that has a passionate following and that can be sold to the HK audience. From there I imagine we'll see increased sponsorship, funding and government support. All that eventually trickles down to HK cricket being able to be more involved with the growth and development of the game in China.

> Live and Free HD ********* on YouTube all over the world for all the games :) Just follow Cricket Hong Kong son all social media for the links when they go live. I'll probably post them up here too

General Admission tickets for Saturday have actually been sold out. We're even trying to cancel the youth games scheduled for that day because everyone wod rather be at the Blitz than playing.

The #hype is real