• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP - SA Test Cricketer?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The fact that England is too stubborn to allow for individuals in their team is a shame.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IT really depends on how much he wants it. The talent is undeniably there and I don't think there are any issues of reflexes slowing down etc. He has his own unique technique but it works for him and it is not based too much on footwork. So I feel he can surely play at the highest level till he is 39 or 40 as long as he really wants to and puts in the hard yards in terms of keeping himself fit. But with all the issues around RSA cricket at the moment, one feels </Ranjit Fernando> his selection and eligibility will just be an additional headache for them, as I am sure more quota related arguments will come up if he were to be selected.

Gob

International Coach
KP touring England as a SA player and smashing the fudge out of Broad and Anderson while Cook and Strauss hopeless looking on would literally be the best thing ever. (ok may not be the best as those who had to suffer through the girl trouble thread would know but would still be pretty ****ing great)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
IT really depends on how much he wants it. The talent is undeniably there and I don't think there are any issues of reflexes slowing down etc. He has his own unique technique but it works for him and it is not based too much on footwork. So I feel he can surely play at the highest level till he is 39 or 40 as long as he really wants to and puts in the hard yards in terms of keeping himself fit. But with all the issues around RSA cricket at the moment, one feels </Ranjit Fernando> his selection and eligibility will just be an additional headache for them, as I am sure more quota related arguments will come up if he were to be selected.
I think it has very little to do with that actually. He very badly wanted to play for England..didn't happen..and I am sure strongly wants to play for SA too..he just desperately wants to play test cricket period. The problem here is a variety of external factors, a few of them his own doing, but most of it right now way beyond his control.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
KP touring England as a SA player and smashing the fudge out of Broad and Anderson while Cook and Strauss hopeless looking on would literally be the best thing ever. (ok may not be the best as those who had to suffer through the girl trouble thread would know but would still be pretty ****ing great)
Strauss is a doos.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The fact that England is too stubborn to allow for individuals in their team is a shame.
The fact that people are still too stubborn to accept that he was on the decline and a huge disruptive influence that couldn't be tolerated any more is a shame.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This for me is very much a non-story... I`m sure he would like to prove himself again and we can all have wishes and hope.. never going to happen though. SA has enough talented cricketers coming up that we will not need KP in 3 years... never mind the manner he left the country, things he has said regarding CSA and the number of bridges he burnt. And the quota issue will be the final nail in any prospects.
I would rather hear about Amla wanting to play until he is 40 than KP...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yawn, his knee wouldn't allow him to play at a high enough level once he started playing first class games regularly to be a success. He wasn't very successful last season bar one big score against a side who hadn't won for nearly 2 years so it won't happen and is just the KP drama machine making headlines as he is becoming a forgotten man as England have moved on and had success without him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it has very little to do with that actually. He very badly wanted to play for England..didn't happen..and I am sure strongly wants to play for SA too..he just desperately wants to play test cricket period. The problem here is a variety of external factors, a few of them his own doing, but most of it right now way beyond his control.

No, I mean getting to a situation where his selection is an actual option for the RSA national side depends on how badly he wants it and how much work he puts in towards it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not playing any first class cricket a sure fire way to convince people you're better than you are - very much the KP way

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hope this happens, would be so great to see KP **** up another country other than ours with his ****ing bollox.

Imagine it, a man who has slagged off the quota system getting picked at 37 ahead of a promising player of colour. Would make what happened at England, and various other teams seem like Mary Poppins.:laugh:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This for me is very much a non-story... I`m sure he would like to prove himself again and we can all have wishes and hope.. never going to happen though. SA has enough talented cricketers coming up that we will not need KP in 3 years... never mind the manner he left the country, things he has said regarding CSA and the number of bridges he burnt. And the quota issue will be the final nail in any prospects.
I would rather hear about Amla wanting to play until he is 40 than KP...
Yes agreed. There are so many reason why this won't happen. And KP must know that*. He's just looking for attention.

* then again this is KP so he may actually be this deluded.

Last edited: