cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: KP - SA Test Cricketer?

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar

KP - SA Test Cricketer?

Says he might play for SA.
    Pietersen eyes Test return with Proteas | cricket.com.au

Won't be too old and can give 2-3 years for SA. Can see it happening actually.

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Would be great but I highly doubt it.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    The story is ten days late

Never going to happen!
    indiaholic likes this.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    The fact that England is too stubborn to allow for individuals in their team is a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Says he might play for SA.
    Pietersen eyes Test return with Proteas | cricket.com.au

Won't be too old and can give 2-3 years for SA. Can see it happening actually.
    Won't he?
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    37-40 is fine if a player is fit.

He was already in decline as a Test cricketer.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    IT really depends on how much he wants it. The talent is undeniably there and I don't think there are any issues of reflexes slowing down etc. He has his own unique technique but it works for him and it is not based too much on footwork. So I feel he can surely play at the highest level till he is 39 or 40 as long as he really wants to and puts in the hard yards in terms of keeping himself fit. But with all the issues around RSA cricket at the moment, one feels </Ranjit Fernando> his selection and eligibility will just be an additional headache for them, as I am sure more quota related arguments will come up if he were to be selected.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Gob
    KP touring England as a SA player and smashing the fudge out of Broad and Anderson while Cook and Strauss hopeless looking on would literally be the best thing ever. (ok may not be the best as those who had to suffer through the girl trouble thread would know but would still be pretty ****ing great)
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    IT really depends on how much he wants it. The talent is undeniably there and I don't think there are any issues of reflexes slowing down etc. He has his own unique technique but it works for him and it is not based too much on footwork. So I feel he can surely play at the highest level till he is 39 or 40 as long as he really wants to and puts in the hard yards in terms of keeping himself fit. But with all the issues around RSA cricket at the moment, one feels </Ranjit Fernando> his selection and eligibility will just be an additional headache for them, as I am sure more quota related arguments will come up if he were to be selected.
    I think it has very little to do with that actually. He very badly wanted to play for England..didn't happen..and I am sure strongly wants to play for SA too..he just desperately wants to play test cricket period. The problem here is a variety of external factors, a few of them his own doing, but most of it right now way beyond his control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    KP touring England as a SA player and smashing the fudge out of Broad and Anderson while Cook and Strauss hopeless looking on would literally be the best thing ever. (ok may not be the best as those who had to suffer through the girl trouble thread would know but would still be pretty ****ing great)
    Strauss is a doos.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    The fact that England is too stubborn to allow for individuals in their team is a shame.
    The fact that people are still too stubborn to accept that he was on the decline and a huge disruptive influence that couldn't be tolerated any more is a shame.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

This for me is very much a non-story... I`m sure he would like to prove himself again and we can all have wishes and hope.. never going to happen though. SA has enough talented cricketers coming up that we will not need KP in 3 years... never mind the manner he left the country, things he has said regarding CSA and the number of bridges he burnt. And the quota issue will be the final nail in any prospects.
    I would rather hear about Amla wanting to play until he is 40 than KP...
    grecian and indiaholic like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Yawn, his knee wouldn't allow him to play at a high enough level once he started playing first class games regularly to be a success. He wasn't very successful last season bar one big score against a side who hadn't won for nearly 2 years so it won't happen and is just the KP drama machine making headlines as he is becoming a forgotten man as England have moved on and had success without him.
    grecian and indiaholic like this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information