• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP - SA Test Cricketer?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
If it wasn't for the constant stream of T20 competitions around the whole rod, I think he would do it but not really any need at this stage of his life..would have been funny if he did though....he would still score well imo

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remind me not to write a long detailed post in reply to you, got a like from Honestbharani for that though.

Like Gob got about a dozen for writing his Piers Morgan wet-dream type post on the opening page. That's my entire post the entire thing he wrote was as KP as avenging wronged-hero, against the evil of Cook, Strauss, Broad and Anderson. Honestly out of all those people who is the one that has acted worse here? Or throughout their careers, it's like some kind of bizarre twisted narrative people want to believe in. They want to believe Piers Morgan FFS. He's the only one who pushes this narrative.

Next X-Files series, Scully and Mulder investigate the "cult of KP".

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
I don't see KP as an avenging wronged hero ftr. Such thing would be great cos a) England would be losing and b) i love to watch KP bat

That being said, i don't think KP should've been dropped at the time but that does not mean he should be brought back now nor that he isn't good enough to play for England

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't see KP as an avenging wronged hero ftr. Such thing would be great cos a) England would be losing and b) i love to watch KP bat

That being said, i don't think KP should've been dropped at the time but that does not mean he should be brought back now nor that he isn't good enough to play for England

Yeah amazing how many posters feel those 3 views should be mutually exclusive and that it is not possible for all 3 to be true at the same time...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I said a while ago that I wouldn't be all that surprised if he turned out for South Africa in T20 cricket eventually. I stand by that. I think you can rule out Tests though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Remind me not to write a long detailed post in reply to you, got a like from Honestbharani for that though.

Like Gob got about a dozen for writing his Piers Morgan wet-dream type post on the opening page. That's my entire post the entire thing he wrote was as KP as avenging wronged-hero, against the evil of Cook, Strauss, Broad and Anderson. Honestly out of all those people who is the one that has acted worse here? Or throughout their careers, it's like some kind of bizarre twisted narrative people want to believe in. They want to believe Piers Morgan FFS. He's the only one who pushes this narrative.

Next X-Files series, Scully and Mulder investigate the "cult of KP".
My point wasn't whether KP was in the wrong. Its the strong reaction a couple of years later to this story.

the whole saga obviously still burns England fans. Which is fine, I get it, but it is interesting imo

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I said a while ago that I wouldn't be all that surprised if he turned out for South Africa in T20 cricket eventually. I stand by that. I think you can rule out Tests though.
Genuinely interested, why would you possibly say that? I just can not see a possible scenario where that would happen. Overcoming his personal injuries, new SA batting talent, his divisive character and SA politics and quota system... if you are saying he is more likely to play T20 than Test`s, well yes. But i`m more likely to be hit by lighting than win the lotto, neither is going to happen though...

Marius

International Debutant
Genuinely interested, why would you possibly say that? I just can not see a possible scenario where that would happen. Overcoming his personal injuries, new SA batting talent, his divisive character and SA politics and quota system... if you are saying he is more likely to play T20 than Test`s, well yes. But i`m more likely to be hit by lighting than win the lotto, neither is going to happen though...
Yes, I don't think there is a realistic chance - at all - of KP playing for SA in any format, ever. I could see him turning out for the Dolphins again, but there is more chance of me being picked for the Proteas, than KP.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I don't think there is a realistic chance - at all - of KP playing for SA in any format, ever. I could see him turning out for the Dolphins again, but there is more chance of me being picked for the Proteas, than KP.
Question is are you any good? And can you fill the all-rounder position? :)

Marius

International Debutant
Question is are you any good? And can you fill the all-rounder position? :)
Well, I played four games for Benoni Northerns thirds this season, didn't bowl and batted three times for the princely average of six (with one not out) so, I would say, the answer to the question of whether I am any good, is no.

That said, I still think there's more chance of me playing for the Proteas than KP.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I played four games for Benoni Northerns thirds this season, didn't bowl and batted three times for the princely average of six (with one not out) so, I would say, the answer to the question of whether I am any good, is no.

That said, I still think there's more chance of me playing for the Proteas than KP.
Could take Duminy's place then with that record.

Marius

International Debutant
Could take Duminy's place then with that record.
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

My brother also plays in the same side, and we're basically the equivalent of the McCullum brothers. Because my brother can actually play cricket, while I can hardly tell my bat from my backside.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

I would pick you over KP...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
People don't talk about KP to attack English cricket fans or irritate them Grecian. He was one of the most special players and having a few years cut off off his career - the cricket fraternity misses his batting.

cnerd123

likes this
People don't talk about KP to attack English cricket fans or irritate them Grecian. He was one of the most special players and having a few years cut off off his career - the cricket fraternity misses his batting.
not it doesn't, its just you. And no one cares what you think.