• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP - SA Test Cricketer?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he wanted to do something useful he could go and qualify for Zimbabwe - in fact he might find that he has a good deal in common with Robert Mugabe

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So if we go by this thread,

KP was going down in form, will be older, is a **** of a team player, isn't playing FC cricket right now and every thing else we saw in that KP saga thread. We will soon find the reasoning that he will not be able to find a place in the side even if he fits the criterias. A bit of race aspect has been thrown in as well. Far easier to accept the truth that he was ditched unfairly and is a rockstar. :p

grecian

So if we go by this thread,

KP was going down in form, will be older, is a **** of a team player, isn't playing FC cricket right now and every thing else we saw in that KP saga thread. We will soon find the reasoning that he will not be able to find a place in the side even if he fits the criterias. A bit of race aspect has been thrown in as well.Far easier to accept the truth that he was ditched unfairly and is a rockstar. :p
Going to argue any of that stuff is actually untrue, or are you just going to Piers Morganly fellate the bloke?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Can argue on each of those points.

1. KP going down in form would be relevant if his reflexes were slowing as well. Form fluctuates through a career.
2. If he seriously thinks of playing test cricket, he would play FC cricket as well before, so the FC cricket point isn't that relevant.
3. He would find a place if he is good enough, which goes for any class player, though obviously it would be tough. Same goes for the race aspect.
4. He was a ****, but so was the management.

grecian

Can argue on each of those points.

1. KP going down in form would be relevant if his reflexes were slowing as well. Form fluctuates through a career.
2. If he seriously thinks of playing test cricket, he would play FC cricket as well before, so the FC cricket point isn't that relevant.
3. He would find a place if he is good enough, which goes for any class player, though obviously it would be tough. Same goes for the race aspect.
4. He was a ****, but so was the management.
1. Umm, don't reflexes kinda get worse when you get older. He's going to be a lot older if he plays.
2. It is rather relevant if he has only played a few matches in years, do you really disrespect cricket so much that you think anyone would just regain it, no matter how talented he was at the highest level too.
3. Again as mentioned it would throw open an entire quagmire of political crap which is mainly because of his own statements about the quota. His own statements again being the problem, bloke can't keep his mouth shut, in the all-important "proving I was right and badly treated by everyone" stakes.
4. Our management was **** at the end, but should be considered godly beforehand to keep him in the side for 10 years, considering his habit of slating team-mates as he has done with Lyth, Vince, Taylor and Cook since being rightfully binned. Mind you all that is verbiage as you admit he's a ****..

As I say I'd love it to happen. Others can't really appreciate what an utter divisive **** he is unless he's actually involved in your team.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
1. They do get worse. However, players are fitter now than every before and players have had careers with runs in 37-40 bracket in recent past.
2. I respect first class cricket and it's not going to be easy, yes. It won't be impossible either if 'he still got it'.
3. Yeah, his statements about the quota and the dynamics because of it would be interesting. However, I don't mind that as it's good to have more debate on the quota issue for SA cricket in general.
4. I look at it the other way. He was in the team for 10 years, so it's not like he was impossible to play with as a team mate. Else he would be binned much earlier like a Kambli.

I think he loves the game and I would be glad to see him in the team he wanted to play when growing up and see him batting again in a test match setting. Miss his batting.

grecian

1. They do get worse. However, players are fitter now than every before and players have had careers with runs in 37-40 bracket in recent past.
2. I respect first class cricket and it's not going to be easy, yes. It won't be impossible either if 'he still got it'.
3. Yeah, his statements about the quota and the dynamics because of it would be interesting. However, I don't mind that as it's good to have more debate on the quota issue for SA cricket in general.
4. I look at it the other way. He was in the team for 10 years, so it's not like he was impossible to play with as a team mate. Else he would be binned much earlier like a Kambli.

I think he loves the game and I would be glad to see him in the team he wanted to play when growing up and see him batting again in a test match setting. Miss his batting.
In the end none of your points negate the points that were made in this thread, it's all "if he's still got it" well the odds are he wouldn't have. Oh and yeah debates about quotas are just what Saffie cricket needs, not enough of them. Fitness and reflexes not sure they go together, but hey.

How the **** you get he loves the game is beyond me, only one love in KP's life, but you think he's a "rockstar" so I guess I shouldn't argue with a fanboy, your not alone. Yet this idea is madness and as said before pure attention-seeking.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh, please don't rubbish the points calling me a fanboy and because I said he is a rockstar. Otherwise, I am fine with your view points even though I don't agree with a lot of it.

grecian

Oh, please don't rubbish the points calling me a fanboy and because I said he is a rockstar. Otherwise, I am fine with your view points even though I don't agree with a lot of it.
Meh, I'll rubbish your posts all I like, if I find them rubbish, I think your points are asinine and quite frankly without any logical back-up to believe a guy at his age can take such a massive break and come back and play at the highest level is insane, it's just another way to keep this most tiresome of narratives going. You can watch him in the hit-and-giggle stuff it's really what he wants to do anyway, has been since he announced his retirement from one-dayers, but then backtracked.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If this was true (that he cared only for the hit and giggle) he wouldn't have left the lucrative IPL contract last year to try his hand at FC cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, he is. It's just that on the wane (as he obviously is) the respective boards might not consider he's worth the ballache anymore.

Would still back Pietersen to score more than Hales, Compton or Bairstow in tests.

91Jmay

International Coach
No chance he'd have outscored Bairstow in the SA series. Compton/Hales batting in the top 3 he might do but not by much.

Shady Slim

International Coach
No chance he'd have outscored Bairstow in the SA series. Compton/Hales batting in the top 3 he might do but not by much.
daresay he would have most definitely outscored compton and hales but you wouldn't have him as opener (the wheel?) i would not think

Stefan9

International Debutant
Never going to happen too much politics involved. Would love to have him ahead of jp in the test team thought...