Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best Test

International Vice-Captain The Battlers Prince's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the NZ v SL series especially the Reserve Test 2nd Test: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Wellington, Jan 3-7, 2015 | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Huge fan of the first ever test 1877

I'll also vote for the first tied test 1960
    HeathDavisSpeed likes this.

International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    1882 "The Ashes" test.

Kolkata test was great for Indian fans and it can be counted in one of the greatest comebacks ever but overall, it wasn't a 'great' test. It only had great performances from one team.
    Aldo's Draft Winners
    Speed Sheep Draft - Hutton, Hunte, Hammond, Lara, Sobers, Miller, Waite+, Lindwall, Warne, Gillespie, McGrath.
    Old Timer's Draft - Rowan, Rae, Headley, Nourse, Worrell, Sinclair, Atkinson, Sherwell+, Vogler, Schwarz, Francis.
    Test-only ODI Draft - Hobbs, Maclaren, G Pollock, Hazare, Harvey, Waite+, Constantine, Rhodes, Cowie, McDonald, Farnes.
    Losers Draft - Hutton, Hanif, Kanhai, G Pollock, Sobers, Laxman, Waite+, Streak, Fazal, Waqar, Chandra

International Vice-Captain The Battlers Prince's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AldoRaine18 View Post
    Kolkata test was great for Indian fans and it can be counted in one of the greatest comebacks ever but overall, it wasn't a 'great' test. It only had great performances from one team.
    I guess it depends on whether you think a match has to be close to be considered 'great'. I didn't vote for it because I thought it was already in the vote off, but I definitely consider it a great test.

Quote Originally Posted by schearzie View Post
    I guess it depends on whether you think a match has to be close to be considered 'great'. I didn't vote for it because I thought it was already in the vote off, but I definitely consider it a great test.
    It's an amazing test, without doubt with some of the greatest performances you'd see. But ideally for a match to be considered among the greatest ever it has to have great cricketing quality from both teams. For me at least.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Weren't Steve Waugh, Hayden and McGrath/Gillespie great in that game? You can't have all 22 players being successful in the same match.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by schearzie View Post
    I really enjoyed the NZ v SL series especially the Reserve Test 2nd Test: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Wellington, Jan 3-7, 2015 | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
    Second.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Weren't Steve Waugh, Hayden and McGrath/Gillespie great in that game? You can't have all 22 players being successful in the same match.
    They couldn't take a single wicket for an entire day.

Tue, 13 Mar - day 3 - India 2nd innings 254/4 (VVS Laxman 109*, R Dravid 7*, 75 ov)
    Wed, 14 Mar - day 4 - India 2nd innings 589/4 (VVS Laxman 275*, R Dravid 155*, 165 ov)

That's awful, both for the captain and the bowlers. They have themselves expressed disappointment about that.

Not to mention the Aussie batting dropping like flies two innings in a row to the same bowler. You really cannot defend Australia's performance in that game with either bat or ball.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Old Trafford '56 - ten little Aussie boys, Lakered in a row

def second 3rd test from Aus vs WI from '99. Scoring 500 in your first innings and losing is ridic

3rd Test: West Indies v Australia at Bridgetown, Mar 26-30, 1999 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I'll also say the 4th match of the '01 Ashes, Australia had looked unbeatable all series and then Butcher randomly plays out of his skin to steal it

4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds, Aug 16-20, 2001 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    cricket rules brah

They couldn't take a single wicket for an entire day.

Tue, 13 Mar - day 3 - India 2nd innings 254/4 (VVS Laxman 109*, R Dravid 7*, 75 ov)
    Wed, 14 Mar - day 4 - India 2nd innings 589/4 (VVS Laxman 275*, R Dravid 155*, 165 ov)

That's awful, both for the captain and the bowlers. They have themselves expressed disappointment about that.

Not to mention the Aussie batting dropping like flies two innings in a row to the same bowler. You really cannot defend Australia's performance in that game with either bat or ball.

contender for worst post of all time i've read here

you are aware India were required to follow on after the first innings right? The match is so good because Australia dominated the first half and India the second. I believe they call it a 'comeback' in sporting jargon

I'll defend McGrath's 4-18 and Waugh's 110 thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    contender for worst post of all time i've read here

you are aware India were required to follow on after the first innings right? The match is so good because Australia dominated the first half and India the second. I believe they call it a 'comeback' in sporting jargon

I'll defend McGrath's 4-18 and Waugh's 110 thank you very much
    Sorry, but there's no excuse for not taking a single wicket for 90 overs.

How many times has that even happened?

I'm an Indian and that is the single greatest moment in the history of cricket for our nation, I watched every single minute of it and I was as baffled as anyone else to see Harbhajan of all people take 15 wickets against that Australian batting order.

Anyway, to each his own, mate.

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Sorry, but there's no excuse for not taking a single wicket for 90 overs.

How many times has that even happened?

I'm an Indian and that is the single greatest moment in the history of cricket for our nation, I watched every single minute of it and I was as baffled as anyone else to see Harbhajan of all people take 15 wickets against that Australian batting order.

Anyway, to each his own, mate.

The excuse is that ya boys VVS and Rahul batted tremendously. Not everything is a result of one team underperforming, sometimes the other team played good

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    The excuse is that ya boys VVS and Rahul batted tremendously. Not everything is a result of one team underperforming, sometimes the other team played good
    Of course, no question. Laxman's innings is rated as one of the best of all time and rightly so, and Rahul was a class act as always.

Anyway, if you read above you'd see I've already called it an amazing test match, one I've watched live and then on replays plenty of times, but this discussion is about the best test ever, which is where I thought a more balanced test in terms of performances and historical moments could be chosen.

Not sure where the hostility is coming from, though that's a silly thing to ask on the internet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information