• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guptill's playing the next game. I think it's that point in the season yet again where MI finally get their **** together, settle a proper opening combination and win nearly all their remaining games.

Daemon

Morris at nearly 150ks bowls 2 short and wide, Guptill smashes one over point for six and Rohit somehow sends the other over cow corner. Insane.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Putting my money on Mishra and Tahir to help restrict Mumbai below a par score and thereby helping Delhi win

Niall

International Coach
Reckon your main contention is completely wrong here and several loosely related incorrect statements to go with it. KW one of the best T20 batsmen in the world? hardly. Cutting's been more of a batsman than a bowler in shorter forms for a few years now, not that he's really been good enough at either though. And as I said, having Dhawan & KW in the side together is a definite issue.

Good point about Morgan though, not sure why they're not picking him, I think he's been quite ordinary lately though.

Not only would I not say it's a "shocking" decision, but it was probably even the right one. My opinion of course, and each to their own.

I just don't understand the Kane t20 fandom and contempt towards Moises whatsoever on this forum.

Moises did well for Sunrisers last year and they need an all rounder. He isn't great, but what do people want him to do? Tell Warner not to bother with all rounders? Maybe Warner, Dhawan and Hooda could bowl his overs instead?

Kane has been given chances in the IPL before, not many obviously and he hasn't exactly seized them. Its harsh but the IPL is cruel, you get only a few chances, you don't do the business you get dropped.

Also Kane adds little to this side, they have Dhawan who can do what he does, score at a relatively slow rate and keep it solid at the top.

Cutting I am unsure about, but with Hooda so hit and miss, its not a bad idea to have another power hitter in the line up, their will be times when they need to chase big and if Warner fails, I'd rather have Cutting at the death to finish things.

Niall

International Coach
For what its worth Morgan has not taken his chances when picked by Sunrisers, so while I'd like to have him in the side, contrary to what people are suggesting the selectors don't deserve the scorn they get for picking Moises and Cutting.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Putting my money on Mishra and Tahir to help restrict Mumbai below a par score and thereby helping Delhi win
Eek, gotta be like one of the most wrong predictions ever. Bad luck weldone.

de Kock needs to bat all 20 overs here for Delhi to have a chance.

Last edited:

Burgey

Really? FMD, I thought the ODI WC went on forever last year. This is just taking forever.