• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan McCullum

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Felt like he deserved a thread for his retirement.

Always in the shadow of his brother, but he was a really good servant for NZ in limited-overs games, and particularly T20:

63 T20 Internationals
58 wickets
Average 22.03
Econ 6.82
Best 4-16

Top stuff.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
That's a really low T20 ER. At least part of that must be down to the fact that NMac was the best fielder off his own bowling I've seen.

Zinzan

That's a really low T20 ER. At least part of that must be down to the fact that NMac was the best fielder off his own bowling I've seen.
NcCullum was good off his own bowling, but presumably you never saw Chris Harris who was on a different plane off his bowling.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NcCullum wasn't a spud, he was pretty decent sometimes and was a pretty handy economical spinner that had no qualms bowling at difficult times.

TheJediBrah

brilliant stats

and I didn't even realise NZ had played that many T20Is. David Warner who'd have played most of Australia's T20Is hasn't even played that many

Athlai

Not Terrible
brilliant stats

and I didn't even realise NZ had played that many T20Is. David Warner who'd have played most of Australia's T20Is hasn't even played that many
We've played 5 more T20Is than Australia with our 93.

Fun fact:
5.4% of the T20Is we have played have ended in a tie.

And for those playing at home (FU Francis) 0.85% of ODIs 0.00% of Tests have ended in ties for NZ.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In days of yore we debated him as an option for the test team. Serviceable off spin and decent batting. Probably his batting not good enough to make him a Santner like option.

Zinzan

In days of yore we debated him as an option for the test team. Serviceable off spin and decent batting. Probably his batting not good enough to make him a Santner like option.
Can't ever recall anyone seriously suggesting him as a test option tbh. Didn't he average >40 with the ball in FC cricket?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricane did and I yelled at him and called nccullum a dart thrower.
Indeed :) Good memory and then I scralled through pages of cricinfo commentary to provide examples of when he had tossed one up :) Good times.

@Zinzan the spin options in the country not named Daniel were all averaging over 40 at the time of the debate.