• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2016

brockley

International Captain
The National Contracts are out,the season has officially ended,now begins the silly season.
Their have been 5 retirements, Luke Butterworth,James Hopes,Ben Hilfenhuas,Clinton Mckay and Michael Hogan.

NSW scalped 1 more contract Peter Nevill,who is deputised by Ryan Carters.
Questions remain will Ben Rohrer and Dougie Bollinger play on,both will be 35 next year.
Peter Nevill's spot will be probably taken by Ryan Gibson who averaged 40 in Futures Cup,and scored over a 1000 runs in grade cricket including 2 double hundreds.He also joins the Thunder on a 2 year contract.
Harry Conway is likely to take Josh Ben DeWarshuis' spot.
The surprise is Steve O'keefe did not get a national contract.

The squad will probably look like this,
Sean Abbott
Dog Bollinger
Ryan Carters
Trent Copeland
Ed Cowan
Moises Henriques
Daniel Hughes
Nick Larken
Josh Lalor
Nick Maddison
Arun Nair
Steve O'keefe
Kurt Patterson
Ben Rohrer
Gurinder Sandhu
Will Somerville.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're very stingy on national contracts these days.

Though you have to wonder what incriminating photos/videos Pat Cummins has on Cricket Australia

brockley

International Captain
Considering O'keefe will have 3 tests in Sri lanka and will probably play in India,a tad unlucky.Unless they have a brain fade and play Maxwell instead,who took 3 wkts at 50 this year and was poor in India and in the one dayers and T20's,out of form with the ball.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
I gather the QLD contracts will be pretty straight forward.

Matt Renshaw
Charlie Hemphrey
Marnus Labuschagne
Sam Heazlett
Chris Lynn
Chris Harteley
Jack Winderermuth
Cameron Boyce
Swepson
Mark Steketee
Peter George
Ben Cutting
Billy Stanlake
Nathan Reardon
Jason Floros
James Pieterson.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcus Harris headed to Victoria apparently in a move designed to commit career suicide for a career that never existed.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Maybe take over from Quiney, who's knee hasn't been in the best nick. Probably wind up at the same club (St Kilda), now that Rummans has finally retired.

brockley

International Captain
Now looking at my 3rd team,since Victoria is in the news lets deal with them.

Marcus Harris
Travis Dean
Jake Hancock
Rob Quiney
Marcus Stoinis
Peter Handscomb
Cameron White
Mathew Wade
Sam Harper
Daniel Christian
Ian Holland
Fawad Ahmed
Jon Holland
Chris Tremain
Scott Boland
Jack Reed
Ryan Sidebottom
Guy Walker.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good squads Brockley.

Michael Neser - QLD
Aaron Ayre - VIC

Both these guys must be close. Correct me if they've moved on.

brockley

International Captain
No,Hancock had a stellar Futures season like Travis Dean did the year before.I guess their is Seb Gotch or Tom Smyth.
Neser has been in the squad 5 years now,constantly injured,time for a change.

Midwinter

State Captain
Now looking at my 3rd team,since Victoria is in the news lets deal with them.

Marcus Harris
Travis Dean
Jake Hancock
Rob Quiney
Marcus Stoinis
Peter Handscomb
Cameron White
Mathew Wade
Sam Harper
Daniel Christian
Ian Holland
Fawad Ahmed
Jon Holland
Chris Tremain
Scott Boland
Jack Reed
Ryan Sidebottom
Guy Walker.
Thought Stoinis was on the move and where is the Duke ? Is he on National Contracts ?

brockley

International Captain
Yep Schearzie.:)
Coming up with a Tassie squad will be the hardest I think.
Hastings has a national contract.
The Stoinis rumour was on another forum,unsubstantiated by fact.

Interesting the National Academy released,Hilton Cartwight is in the squad,could be a sighter of him in the A series,and later Sri Lanka.
Maxwell talking up proving his chances in IPL,but the captain won't bowl him in T20,and he his bowling been far from impressive in ltd overs cricket.Also after poor seasons in county cricket his services is unrequired.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
I've heard a little rumour of Tim Paine to Sydney. Will be interested to see if anything comes of it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
very surprised Gulbis has gone. Must have had a bad season but he looked very good a couple of years ago,