• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2016

brockley

International Captain
As said wouldn't be surprised if he heads back 2 Victoria unless some other state offers him a line.Rose is no suprise.Dan Salpietro and Luke Doran are in Tas,an opportunity for them.Triffitt being cut must mean Tim Paine and Xavier Doherty will be retained.As I said Doherty has averaged mid 40's for years in first class cricket dunno why they dropped him from the team this year I dunno.Going back to an allrounder I gather they want to develop Beau Webster as an allrounder,he did take 9/10 first class wkts this year 3, or 4 more than Doherty.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be great if he turns out to be another State reject that Victoria picks up and turns out to be very useful a la Dan Christian

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No Triffit when Paine was playing as a batsman at the end of the year is very surprising. Wonder whether it's more about how highly they rate McDermott.

brockley

International Captain
Hobart Mercury suggesting Tim Paine will keep the gloves,seems Dan Marsh is not emboldened to bring generational change with Paine or Doherty.
Yeh Gulbris could knock back Ian Holland as no 2 allrounder,behind Dan christian.Admittedly Gulbris is a better one day player than First class cricket,could replace Hastings who could be away on one day duties.

brockley

International Captain
Well when you consider Neser has hardly contributed with the bat in 4 day cricket or one dayers,thats a no bainer Nufan.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not the worst thing, but he's hardly needed. Wildermuth took excellent strides last year and we've always got Cutting on standby and would be wonderful should he decide to finally go back into 2010 mode.

Surprised Tigers cut Gulbis anyway, must have high stock in Kingston for the pace all-rounder.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
My guess of the Tasmanian squad.

Caleb Jewell
Jordan Silk
Ben Dunk
Beau Webster
Alex Doolan
Jake Doran
Ben Mcdermott
Tim Paine
Dominic Michael
Dan Salpetro
Xavier Doherty
Cameron Stevenson
Andrew Fekete
Sam Rainbird
Hamish Kingston
Jackson Bird
Cameron Wheatley

brockley

International Captain
Now this rumour?
Daniel Doran ‏@TheDanDoran 1h1 hour ago
@qldcricket losing a couple of the good guys in @Milenko_15 & @CaJBoyce. Very good signings from @crickettas #dolphinandaleggie #cantgowrong

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Now this rumour?
Daniel Doran ‏@TheDanDoran 1h1 hour ago
@qldcricket losing a couple of the good guys in @Milenko_15 & @CaJBoyce. Very good signings from @crickettas #dolphinandaleggie #cantgowrong
Both of those signings make heaps of sense.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm guessing Swepson sort-of forced Boyce out and he already ties to Hobart Hurricanes.

Could be the end for Doherty

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Boyce to Tasmania was definitely on the cards - think I predicted it a few months ago.