• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wayne Parnell

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wouldn't he be in line for an ODI recall soon too, given that he can bat a bit as well..

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, he's been in good form with the bat too.

Think he must be close to a Test recall. Where will you fit him in though if Philander, Morkel, and Steyn are all fit (assuming we play a spinner in our next Test match)?

Maybe have him ahead of Philander? Or Morkel?

Don't think you can leave a fit Steyn out of your Test side (yet).

EDIT: Just looked at his Cricinfo profile - he only turns 27 this year, he's been around for so long I thought he was close to 30.
Another 50 for him today.I wonder would they ever consider batting him at 7 and bumping QdK up to 6?Could go:
Cook,Elgar,Amla,AB,Faf,QdK,Parnell,(3 of Steyn,Vern,KG,Morkel)Piedt

Stefan9

International Debutant
Yeah, he's been in good form with the bat too.

Think he must be close to a Test recall. Where will you fit him in though if Philander, Morkel, and Steyn are all fit (assuming we play a spinner in our next Test match)?

Maybe have him ahead of Philander? Or Morkel?

Don't think you can leave a fit Steyn out of your Test side (yet).

EDIT: Just looked at his Cricinfo profile - he only turns 27 this year, he's been around for so long I thought he was close to 30.
You are forgetting KG. Can't really be dropped after taking a 10 for in his last test.

Reckon KG and Steyn are guaranteed spots and piedt will be the spinner. So only one spot left for morkel,philander or parnel unless they drop a batsman and play either phil or parnel as an allrounder.

Another 50 for him today.I wonder would they ever consider batting him at 7 and bumping QdK up to 6?Could go:
Cook,Elgar,Amla,AB,Faf,QdK,Parnell,(3 of Steyn,Vern,KG,Morkel)Piedt
They could but I rather havee qdk at 7 with 6 batsman. Allows him to play with more freedom, at 6 he needs to be more circumspect.

Marius

International Debutant
You are forgetting KG. Can't really be dropped after taking a 10 for in his last test.

Reckon KG and Steyn are guaranteed spots and piedt will be the spinner. So only one spot left for morkel,philander or parnel unless they drop a batsman and play either phil or parnel as an allrounder.
Yeah, After I posted that I realised I'd forgotten about KG.

He's booked his spot in the Test XI for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
if parnell still has the man bun then he doesn't deserve to be near a domestic team let alone a national team