• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The batsman cannot be too good for the bowler

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Thread was created on the 1st
I take full responsibility for digging this thread after the fact. I wasn't reading the forum at the time so didn't realise there'd been a Richard April Fool gag running at the time. Although this thread didn't receive many replies so I don't think many recognised this as part of the gag.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I take full responsibility for digging this thread after the fact. I wasn't reading the forum at the time so didn't realise there'd been a Richard April Fool gag running at the time. Although this thread didn't receive many replies so I don't think many recognised this as part of the gag.
Tbf it was just me being bored one day when working sick. I did catch a big fish when I said Graeme Thorpe only played 96 tests though and that made the whole exercise worthwhile.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
because CW ganged up on him and bullied him as they continue to do now.
This is true. Eventually he had to abandon all hope of posting peacefully under that monicker, and did adopt his current handle, inspired by his CW hero.

Thus was born G.I.Joe Is My Hero (aka GIMH).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's definitely possible. Especially if this is the batsman:

26284-1_n.jpg

And this is the bowler:

rikki-clarke-1352977.jpg

She's way too good for him. Completely out of his league.