• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Contracts 2016

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia Contracts 2016/17

George Bailey
Joe Burns
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Pat Cummins
James Faulkner
Aaron Finch
John Hastings
Josh Hazlewood
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Peter Nevill
James Pattinson
Adam Voges
Peter Siddle
Steven Smith
Mitchell Starc
David Warner

Hastings the only surprising inclusion for me, while Shaun Marsh is there annoyingly. I reckon if Voges chucks it in he'll move into his spot.
Not surprised they picked Cummins even though he barely seems to be able to get on the field.
No idea why they bothered with Siddle. Bird would be a much better choice for a back up, but I suppose Siddle has 'experience'.
Don't know who our limited overs wicketkeeper or spinner is going to be.

Host of new faces on CA contract list | cricket.com.au

Cricket Australia central contract list: Patrick Cummins, Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja included, Adam Zampa, Jackson Bird miss out

Peter Siddle keeps Cricket Australia contract | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol @ Pat Cummins getting a contract

They're really investing a lot in that kid, he better get good

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bird is alright but Siddle is clearly a better bowler and fits much better into that attack they have atm. A transition player for the new generation who puts out consistent performance and gives it everything. This is from a Siddle hater ftr.

TheJediBrah

Bird is alright but Siddle is clearly a better bowler and fits much better into that attack they have atm. A transition player for the new generation who puts out consistent performance and gives it everything. This is from a Siddle hater ftr.
Would have been correct a couple of years ago

Siddle is ****ed now. I can't see him getting even as good as Bird is now, even before his latest career-threatening injury.

91Jmay

International Coach
Shaun Marsh baffling for me. Good ODI bat but Aus can surely find someone his equal in that regard who isn't abject at T20 and so inconsistent in Tests. He also isn't young.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would have been correct a couple of years ago.
You won't find a bigger Siddle hater than me but he was pretty bloody good over the last year in his small sample of matches. Don't think he's great or anything but I'd deffo take him over Bird who just looks uninspired as a bowler these days.

TheJediBrah

You won't find a bigger Siddle hater than me but he was pretty bloody good over the last year in his small sample of matches. Don't think he's great or anything but I'd deffo take him over Bird who just looks uninspired as a bowler these days.
Guessing you saw him in the 1st Test v NZ, where granted he bowled **** but since then:

2/66 & 5/59 v NZ 2nd Test (bowled very well)
7/45 & 3/47 v NSW in Hobart (didn't see)
5/81 v SA in Adelaide (didn't see but impressive figures)

Siddle has genuinely looked very ordinary 80% of the times he's bowled over the last year or so, just lucky he's was at his best in a couple of high profile matches (specifically that Ashes Test)