• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do non-Indian fans think about India?

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I wanted India to win today. I can't abide the way the West Indian players carry on, on and off the pitch.

Used to love the Windies.

ljinko888

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's their supporters that annoy me. There's two sides: the internet fan and the match going fan

The internet fan is too proud if anything and go to an extreme to show their support which makes for laughable reading. They're so easy to fall for the bait.

Then in person, when the team are down.......SILENCE

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've read the report. We discussed this at the time. I am not going to get into that argument with you again - I think everything about that has been said in the threads at that time.

Being annoyed by someone is not an excuse to start saying racist stuff towards them. To blame Symonds by implying he needled Harbhajan so he could in turn be racially abused is one of the most ****ed up and deadset weirdest nonsensical arguments I've ever heard.

First of all, the judgement clearly said that even if Harbhajan used the words he was alleged to have used, it could not have been considered to have been said in a racist context. And yes, it looked like they had a plan just to get him to utter that word and get him banned and get into the teams' head and it backfired spectacularly. To state utterly contrived and false opinion of yours as fact is the most ****ed up argument you have posted.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I enjoyed how the Indian fans went utterly silent as soon as it looked like their side was not going to win today. Predictable and embarrassing in equal measure.

TBH, its the Mumbai crowd that is the worst at it. Some other crowds around the country, you will see some cheers for opposition as well as acknowledgement for their milestones. But this is a problem in the IPL age. Earlier our crowds were much better, even at Mumbai. At times you just have to applaud the opposition for playing better cricket than you. Windies look a much better T20 side than India for conditions like Mumbai and Bangalore and they proved it today. End of story. Its no shame to have at least made it to the top 4 of this tournament. We had no business being here after the way we played against Bangladesh.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Mumbai crowd reminds me of EPL crowds.Cheer when the team does well,go silent when your team gets ****ed.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I enjoyed how the Indian fans went utterly silent as soon as it looked like their side was not going to win today. Predictable and embarrassing in equal measure.

Would like to see England or Australian fans doing that after their team has lost a close Ashes Test at home.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I love how generally the posts of the non-Indian fans in this thread have been along the lines of "Indian fans are a bit dire", and then all the Indian fans have joined in and in so doing confirmed that hypothesis.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One of those bull**** concepts that HB makes up as a means of defending his bull**** opinions.

The only BS here is what you post...

And its no wonder u find my posts to be bull****, you seem to treat all facts that dont aid your biases that way.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
what? Where?

Here's the judgement: http://www.theage.com.au/ed_docs/hansen.pdf

And he'd be wrong if he did say that. What the hell is a "racist context"?

From, the link you posted:

[57] Given that is the view of the complainant it is hard to see how the requisiteelements of 3.3 could be satisfied. However, given it is an objective interpretationthat is not the end of the matter. I must consider if the “ordinary person” would havebeen offended in a 3.3 sense. That again requires a look at context. Mr Singh hadinnocently, and in the tradition, of the game acknowledged the quality of Mr Lee’sbowling. That interchange had nothing to do with Mr Symonds but he determined toget involved and as a result was abusive towards Mr Singh. Mr Singh was, notsurprisingly, abusive back. He accepts that his language was such as to be offensiveunder 2.8. But in my view even if he had used the words “alleged” an “ordinaryperson” standing in the shoes of Mr Symonds who had launched an unprovoked andunnecessary invective laden attack would not be offended or insulted or humiliatedin terms of 3.3.[58] So on that alternative basis I would also have been satisfied

Of course, SS knows better than a judge accepted by both parties to resolve the dispute... 8-)

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was no dispute by the time of the hearing. An agreement had been reached as to the downgrading of the charge. The judge, grandstanding as judges are sometimes wont to do, then decided to run a full hearing on the issue of the initial charge. It was bizarre from him. Like someone agreeing to cop a plea to manslaughter but the judge insisting on running a murder trial even though he doesn't have to decide a murder charge.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was no dispute by the time of the hearing. An agreement had been reached as to the downgrading of the charge. The judge, grandstanding as judges are sometimes wont to do, then decided to run a full hearing on the issue of the initial charge. It was bizarre from him. Like someone agreeing to cop a plea to manslaughter but the judge insisting on running a murder trial even though he doesn't have to decide a murder charge.

Ergo, my speculation that it was set up to get him banned by the Aussie team and it just backfired. Look, none of them (from both teams) came out of that smelling like roses, not even Sachin, the one whose name shall never be spoken ill of. Its just annoying that people like SS still bring it up as a reason to blindly state Harbhajan was racist, as if it was something that happened in a vaccuum.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ergo, my speculation that it was set up to get him banned by the Aussie team and it just backfired. Look, none of them (from both teams) came out of that smelling like roses, not even Sachin, the one whose name shall never be spoken ill of. Its just annoying that people like SS still bring it up as a reason to blindly state Harbhajan was racist, as if it was something that happened in a vaccuum.
For a guy who likes to throw around the word "facts" a lot, you do an awful lot of speculation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For a guy who likes to throw around the word "facts" a lot, you do an awful lot of speculation.

Well, at least I call it that when I do speculate. And of course, given that none of us know the complete details of this or any other cricket issue/controversy, all we ever do is speculate. I am just being honest enough to state it so.