• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do non-Indian fans think about India?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India is just not very good at sports. It's taken huge participation numbers just so we could be competent at cricket.

Yep.. as kids we are made to concentrate way too much on academics and way too little on sports... But thankfully its changing slowly now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No he is remembering the Sydney 08 test..the single greatest memory of Burgey's cricket fandom
I've got a lot of great memories from watching and playing cricket. Few altered my perception about a team and players as much as that match. It was a terrible episode for the game tbh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sydney '08 really almost turned me off to cricket. I dislike that racist Harbhajan but the way the team supported him was even worse, and the way BCCI threw a hissy fit and threatened to cancel the tour was just dispicable.

It was Symonds, not Harbhajan, and certainly not the BCCI, that was the victim there. Everyone should start from that simple basic premise. Then you can argue about sledging and whatever else. But let's all start by recognizing who the actual victim was. Ugh. Still have a bad taste in my mouth from that whole episode.

And honestly, I've almost completely stopped paying attention to non Test cricket since then, and most of the time, I would say I enjoy matches where India aren't playing just as much as when they are. I still root for India, but not as much I used to probably.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got a lot of great memories from watching and playing cricket. Few altered my perception about a team and players as much as that match. It was a terrible episode for the game tbh.
It was a horrible episode no doubt but for me it was just the boiling point. That series itself was being played in such an atmosphere..and a volcano was just waiting to erupt.

However, just that series and that test was perhaps one of the most pivotal moments for the next decade of cricket, which we are now witnessing.

"Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."

High self opinion and a belief that being born in Australia is superior to other births was always prevalent. But that was the moment when India joined in and said guess what 'we also have a high self opinion and believe that being born in India is superior to other births.'

Since then, the brats, bullies and braggers have been at each other's throats in every series. Thankfully they haven't reached the ugliness of the Sydney test..but they have been fun to watch as a neutral. Kohli-Johnson, Dhawan-Watson, Maxwell-Indian batsmen.

I cannot tell you how much fun it is as a neutral because you guys are so similar. It's like staring at each other in the mirror

You look down
no you look down first
no you look down first you ****

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Yep the Aussie team and the umpires were a disgrace. :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sydney '08 really almost turned me off to cricket. I dislike that racist Harbhajan but the way the team supported him was even worse, and the way BCCI threw a hissy fit and threatened to cancel the tour was just dispicable.

It was Symonds, not Harbhajan, and certainly not the BCCI, that was the victim there. Everyone should start from that simple basic premise. Then you can argue about sledging and whatever else. But let's all start by recognizing who the actual victim was. Ugh. Still have a bad taste in my mouth from that whole episode.

And honestly, I've almost completely stopped paying attention to non Test cricket since then, and most of the time, I would say I enjoy matches where India aren't playing just as much as when they are. I still root for India, but not as much I used to probably.

Lol.. read the judge's report... Way to distort facts. FAce it. Symonds and Aussie team had a strategy to ensure Bhajji said that word and were poking him all day and waiting for him to respond. Why else was Hayden running around getting involved from nowhere shouting "you have said it, mate, you have said it now"... And it backfired horribly. They didn't know who was running the show and paid for it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've read the report. We discussed this at the time. I am not going to get into that argument with you again - I think everything about that has been said in the threads at that time.

Being annoyed by someone is not an excuse to start saying racist stuff towards them. To blame Symonds by implying he needled Harbhajan so he could in turn be racially abused is one of the most ****ed up and deadset weirdest nonsensical arguments I've ever heard.

cnerd123

likes this
I've read the report. We discussed this at the time. I am not going to get into that argument with you again - I think everything about that has been said in the threads at that time.

Being annoyed by someone is not an excuse to start saying racist stuff towards them. To blame Symonds by implying he needled Harbhajan so he could in turn be racially abused is one of the most ****ed up and deadset weirdest nonsensical arguments I've ever heard.
Teri maa ki

:ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Lol.. read the judge's report... Way to distort facts. FAce it. Symonds and Aussie team had a strategy to ensure Bhajji said that word and were poking him all day and waiting for him to respond. Why else was Hayden running around getting involved from nowhere shouting "you have said it, mate, you have said it now"... And it backfired horribly. They didn't know who was running the show and paid for it.
:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
that's a weird comment.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'm Indian but I don't support the cricket team or the system that runs it. I hate Indian fans even more, a truly insufferable and insecure lot.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I enjoyed how the Indian fans went utterly silent as soon as it looked like their side was not going to win today. Predictable and embarrassing in equal measure.