• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disapperaring Cricketers

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
List cricketers who vansihed from world scene. also if you know why just post it.i will start with indian Players

Ajay jadeja (bookie thing?, dropped in his prime. why?)
david johnson(only one tour and vanished, he was very fast bowler)
Nayan mongia
Vindod kambli(dropped in his prime. why?)

Last edited:

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Vinod was dropped for not being up to International cricket mentally.

so athletes who cry in other sports get banned too?

ICC is run by nuts IMO

Bouncer

State Regular
Long list of players but i'll go with few

Waqar Younis
STurat Law
Shadab Kabir (I think guy had really good talant)
Brian Young
Jhon Crawley

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bouncer said:
Long list of players but i'll go with few

Waqar Younis
STurat Law
Shadab Kabir (I think guy had really good talant)
Brian Young
Jhon Crawley

Waqar Younis got hammred by ajay jadeja in WC96. his form went down and possible thats the reason why he is not in team.anyway with other fast bowlers around they dont need this aging guy anyway.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar Younis got hammred by ajay jadeja in WC96. his form went down and possible thats the reason why he is not in team.anyway with other fast bowlers around they dont need this aging guy anyway.
He played on all the way till 2003, but got hammered again, this time by Sachin and Sehwag. He's still a lot better than some of the younger Pakistani bowlers.

thierry henry

International Coach
Bryan Young retired because he was old. He debuted for NZ in 1990/01 and made his FC debut in the mid 80s. He would be about 40 by now.

thierry henry

International Coach
I don't understand Kambli's dropping either. I've heard all the reasons, but an average of 54 is an average of 54.

deeps

International 12th Man
brian mcmillan from SA...was touted as the best all-reounder in the world at one stage...where did he go?

Shahid Naazir from pakistan,i thought this guy had good talent

Mujahid Jamshed..also pakistan,i saw him play one one dayer... made 23 not out....and i fink he took two wickets ..not sure bot that though....where did he go?

Henry Olonga...i konw bout the wc stuff and the armband..but wat is he doing now?

tooextracool

International Coach
Armadillo said:
Lol, does anyone know the reasons?
kambli was dropped because he had a major weakness against the short ball. he was brought back into the one day side on many occasions-most recently when jadeja and azhar were banned and he kept failing with the bat. he recently went to south africa to rectify his weakness against the short ball and he still believes that he can make it into the indian side(if sachin becomes captain again)

anybody know what happened to asif mujtaba,basit ali,ken rutherford and shane thompson?

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Vindo Kambli getting dropped from the Indian team is proof of how stupid Indian administrators are.

I don't know the full story behind him but when someones averaging 53 in the early stages of his career you don't just drop him and forget abotu him.

If Indian cricket was run properly they would be so far better than the rest of the world it would be redicolous. There are a billion people over there. presumably 500 million are male and most of them are cricket mad. From that many people to choose from they should be able to produce a better 11 than anyone else.

Craig

World Traveller
hourn said:
Vindo Kambli getting dropped from the Indian team is proof of how stupid Indian administrators are.

I don't know the full story behind him but when someones averaging 53 in the early stages of his career you don't just drop him and forget abotu him.

If Indian cricket was run properly they would be so far better than the rest of the world it would be redicolous. There are a billion people over there. presumably 500 million are male and most of them are cricket mad. From that many people to choose from they should be able to produce a better 11 than anyone else.
Yes, but team unity is another important thing.

I would rather have a team that gets on well and may not be as good, then have an XI with everybody hating each other guts.

Anyway Kambli would struggle to get in now anyway.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Craig said:

Anyway Kambli would struggle to get in now anyway.
too old now, but i find it hard to believe that an organization would just get rid and forget of such a well performed individual because he didn't get a long with the rest of that group.......some sort of proffesional relationship or rehabilition must've been sought after?

tooextracool

International Coach
deeps said:
brian mcmillan from SA...was touted as the best all-reounder in the world at one stage...where did he go?
yes he was until he retired from international cricket!!

Henry Olonga...i konw bout the wc stuff and the armband..but wat is he doing now?
i think hes turned into a commentator cause ive seen him at the wisden awards and on skysports a few times. he doesnt play cricket anymore but hes focussing on his music career