• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Disapperaring Cricketers

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Ebrahim's actually an opener who's sometimes been made to bat in the middle-order. IMO he's as poor in one position as the other. Not quite as bad as Sibanda, though.
Gavin Rennie should have been Grant Flower's opening partner for ages IMO. Gripper's OK, but not as good as Rennie. Never rated him as a OD player at all.
Gripper's too defensive to be a OD player. Ebrahim was a middle-order batsman in Domestic cricket but they felt his technique was good enough to open so when he was called up to the Test squad, he was given an opening berth.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
She hit 70 odd against England having just turned 14... Has a technique to shame a lot of people in the mens game and is by far and away SA's best batswoman.. (although that isnt saying that much :) )

It doesnt really matter if its a grown ups game, if she is scoring runs, then playing at the top is going to improve her a lot more quickly.... anyway they need her..
And Rich fancies her.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Gripper's too defensive to be a OD player. Ebrahim was a middle-order batsman in Domestic cricket but they felt his technique was good enough to open so when he was called up to the Test squad, he was given an opening berth.
I agree Gripper's too defensive to be a one-day player, exactly the same as Rennie.
Both could have made reasonable opening partners for Grant Flower if given the chance in the best way, though.
I always thought Ebrahim was an opener domestically too. Must have been mistaken. Anyway, I still don't think he's Test or ODI class, top or middle order.