• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst pace bowler to take over 300 test wickets?

Who is the worst pace bowler to take over 300 test wickets?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
No thoughts on Vaas? I also agree with th OP omitting Ntini. That Southa Africa Test attack of the late 90s and early 00s was more potent with him than without him. It wasn't just Pollock and Donald.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No thoughts on Vaas? I also agree with th OP omitting Ntini. That Southa Africa Test attack of the late 90s and early 00s was more potent with him than without him. It wasn't just Pollock and Donald.
not really, he's still a comfortably worse than most of the bowlers on the list

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Vaas was actually a very good, highly skilled bowler, who had the ability to move the ball off the pitch in both directions and when a left armer brings the ball back into the right hander, it is very dangerous.

He is also Sri Lanka's greatest fast bowler, having spearheaded the attack for more than a decade. Often had to contend with rank turners prepared at home to suit Murali and the spinners and the fact that Sri Lanka rarely play outside. But once again, the best way to judge Vaas is to see how the opposition of his time rated him and most respected him as a threat, especially with the new ball.

TheJediBrah

More pace than Vaas, More variety than Lee, I disagree
well you're right that he had more pace than Vaas

can't quite tell if you're suggesting that makes him a better bowler or see where you're getting everything else from though

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
That Southa Africa Test attack of the late 90s and early 00s was more potent with him than without him. It wasn't just Pollock and Donald.
Every bowler on this list made their attack more potent than not. That doesn't change their skill level.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The way to look at Vaas would be how he would fare in a bowling attack with Prasad and Chameera.

He will make those two more potent while controlling things. But he was trash with the Duke and SG. But loved Kookaburra ball, and was deadly with it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
well you're right that he had more pace than Vaas

can't quite tell if you're suggesting that makes him a better bowler or see where you're getting everything else from though
I'm saying he's better than he gets credit for on here. Bowled high 140s at his peak, with quite a few variations working with the seam of the ball, and had a test average in the mid 20s late into his career.

TheJediBrah

I'm saying he's better than he gets credit for on here. Bowled high 140s at his peak, with quite a few variations working with the seam of the ball, and had a test average in the mid 20s late into his career.
That's great but he's not better than the bowlers listed in the poll which is what you said