• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak pace attack not lethal---- Sachin

Pak pace attack not lethal: Sachin

ANI[ MONDAY, MARCH 01, 2004 12:14:34 PM ]

KARACHI: Pakistan's bowling attack is not fresh and is slowly losing its sheen, Indian master blaster Sachin Tendulkar has said.

According to The News, Sachin felt that Pakistan's pace attack could not be termed as vibrant or lethal, as international players had successfully faced up to the likes of Shoaib Akhtar for around five years, Mohammad Sami for three and Shabbir Ahmed for five or six years.

"But their attack seems more experienced than ours," he, however, added.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I have serious doubts that someone as experienced as SRT would say anything like that.
Personally I find it inconceivable - not because he's experienced, but because he seems to have plenty of common-sense.
I'd be amazed if he'd said that before his first Test.

twctopcat

International Regular
Of all the people in world cricket, he is the last person who would try to wind a team up verbally, he prefers to let his bat do the talking:P .

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Of all the people in world cricket, he is the last person who would try to wind a team up verbally, he prefers to let his bat do the talking
Don't get mad, get even!

Surely, he must be joking about what Shoaib said about having to prove themselves against the Pakistanis. After all, he is a light-hearted persom off the field. Still, an interesting build-up to the series.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's ridiculous, all this flame-throwing between players.

Its about as childish as some of the arguments i've seen between Indian & Pakistani supporters on the bbc messageboards!

Choora

State Regular
Actually if you take out one guy out of the attack (akhter) then the attack certainly becomes somewhat ordinary!

Choora

State Regular
Tim said:

Its about as childish as some of the arguments i've seen between Indian & Pakistani supporters on the bbc messageboards!
Whats childish? these are mind games that are often played out before series.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's attack is better with Shoaib in the team, but without him they'd be fairly even.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
All-rounder Yuvraj Singh.......the Punjab all-rounder
Who said? He bowls at least 2 4-balls and 1 6-ball an over. Good batsman, great fielder, but RUBBISH bowler.

It's not just flame throwing. It could even be a joke, or just a clause of a deal to boost television ratings and newspaper/magazine readership.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on, this argument seems to be attracting every player in either team.

When Smith came here he suggested something about the pitches, but that was as far as it got...up until the 5th ODI of course.

Choora

State Regular
The way Sami has fared lately ,i think without Akhter Pak attack would sux.

Does anyone think Sami would pose any poblem to Indian batsmen?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Would anyone? I doubt it. All it takes i good application, which was present against the Pakistanis, and absent against the Australians. If they do the same as against Pakistan in SuperSport Park, they can even win the series. An ideal option is to attack Akhtar and Sami right from the first over, then go easy on the other bowlers. I have seen this strategy work with Hayden and Gilchrist numerous times, with Sachin and Sehwag in that match, and in Bangalore v/s England, with Trescothick in England v/s PAK and even with Dilhan Gunawardene against PAK!

When Smith came here he suggested something about the pitches, but that was as far as it got...up until the 5th ODI of course.
Good old Graeme Smith. He's upto it sometime or the other. I saw that extended verbal session.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tim said:

Wait n watch it will get even hotter :D . There will some crowd trouble for sure in this series then the action starts :P . I thought Yuvraj's comment that a palyer should atleast be in the team before making these comments was superb :cool2: . I am not sure whether this series is going to help the peace process or do the opposite thing.

Here is one more

Gavaskar and Rana the best of mates

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Choora said:
The way Sami has fared lately ,i think without Akhter Pak attack would sux.

In my opinion I think that if he has a good day then he can be disastrous for the batsmen, he always seems to show up in the second innings to save pakistan for instance against New Zealand. He's due a good performance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Actually if you take out one guy out of the attack (akhter) then the attack certainly becomes somewhat ordinary!
It'd still be better than India's IMO!