cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2007
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: **Official** County Cricket 2016

  1. #1471
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    20,401
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Masters and Napier both retiring from Essex. Will need some bowlers for their step up to div 1. Imagine they'll get an overseas bowler in now. They are bound to stack the batting deep with Foster at 8 again next year and have Bopara, Ten Doeschate, Lawrence, Westley all bowling a bit to add to the three main bowlers whoever they end up being (Porter, Overseas, ?).
    Quinn did decently in limited appearences (what happened to him, BTW? Injuries?) and Beard has a lot of promise. Need a spinner though so they'll probably look at a spinner for their overseas player.

    A batting lineup of Chopra, Browne, Cook, Westley, Lawrence, Bopara, Ten Doeschate, Wheater and Foster looks pretty ****ing good though. That for half the season they'll have to leave one of those on the bench is a sign of great depth. All bar RTD homegrown too.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

  2. #1472
    International Debutant Compton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,714
    This is silly. Jones is playing for the draw and Buttler is batting for the win.

  3. #1473
    International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Compton View Post
    This is silly. Jones is playing for the draw and Buttler is batting for the win.
    Lancs won't go for it as a team unless Buttler makes 100+ I'd guess.

    Draw points are quite valuable for Lancs.

  4. #1474
    International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Quinn did decently in limited appearences (what happened to him, BTW? Injuries?) and Beard has a lot of promise. Need a spinner though so they'll probably look at a spinner for their overseas player.

    A batting lineup of Chopra, Browne, Cook, Westley, Lawrence, Bopara, Ten Doeschate, Wheater and Foster looks pretty ****ing good though. That for half the season they'll have to leave one of those on the bench is a sign of great depth. All bar RTD homegrown too.
    Yes Wheater and Chopra both with decent first division records should help. Good opportunity for Browne, Westley and Lawrence to push forward their England chances. Not sure where they'd get a good overseas spinner from. Might be worth getting a fast bowler for first half, then spinner for second. Lot more wickets that turn in div 1 than 2 these days, so you're right it'll be hard to stay up without a decent spinner.
    Last edited by theegyptian; 15-09-2016 at 08:05 AM.


  5. #1475
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Roy in jamfest overdrive again.
    Looks like an entertaining finish if he stays there.

    Am I right that Surrey don't need the points either way, but Durham do to be safe?

  6. #1476
    First Class Debutant Stace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The garden of England
    Posts
    866
    Roy out just 4 runs short of another ton, wouldn't be surprised with an uneaten half century from Sam Curran he's a genius. England could have 3 fast bowling all-rounder's in a few years time with Stokes, Woakes and Sm Curran.

  7. #1477
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Looks like an entertaining finish if he stays there.

    Am I right that Surrey don't need the points either way, but Durham do to be safe?
    Surrey are safe yes, Durham are safe barring all sorts of extreme permutations happening. All those astronomically unlikely events have already occurred with Roy scoring 200 odd runs in the match despite playing and missing or edging every other ****ing ball..
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

  8. #1478
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    21,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    Roy out just 4 runs short of another ton, wouldn't be surprised with an uneaten half century from Sam Curran he's a genius. England could have 3 fast bowling all-rounder's in a few years time with Stokes, Woakes and Sm Curran.
    Scary thing is we could pick Woakes till he is 31 and Curran would still be a young pup in cricketing terms, also good we don't have to rush him in as we have nobody else. He can learn and develop in his own time.

    Only using 31 as a timescale as usually the bowlers are picking up more injuries around that age. Woakes may be different.
    Last edited by flibbertyjibber; 15-09-2016 at 09:23 AM.

  9. #1479
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    27,990
    Come on Lancashire!

    /wrists
    We are lost
    We can never go home

  10. #1480
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    21,437
    Such a bizarre thing to do. Not complaining but Somerset could be the winners from it all.

  11. #1481
    First Class Debutant Stace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The garden of England
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Scary thing is we could pick Woakes till he is 31 and Curran would still be a young pup in cricketing terms, also good we don't have to rush him in as we have nobody else. He can learn and develop in his own time.

    Only using 31 as a timescale as usually the bowlers are picking up more injuries around that age. Woakes may be different.
    Yeh, I like that he's a really smart lo bowler who swings the ball as much as Willey but a little faster and skidder. Spinners obviously go on longer so as Ali is only 29 he got another 5 years or so in him and his lo bowling is better then his Test bowling for me. Crazy amount of talented all-rounder's.

  12. #1482
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,156
    Stokes winning it for Durham unless the younger Curran can do something exceptional with the last couple of batsmen.

  13. #1483
    First Class Debutant Stace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The garden of England
    Posts
    866
    Surrey just need 59 now with only 3 wicket's left, Stokes got Roy, Foakes and Tom Curran, would be hugely impressive if Sam can take them home against this Test standard bowling.

  14. #1484
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    Surrey just need 59 now with only 3 wicket's left, Stokes got Roy, Foakes and Tom Curran, would be hugely impressive if Sam can take them home against this Test standard bowling.
    The Foakes wicket was vital, as he and SCurran had added 50+ and were looking safe. Batty and Meaker can bat a bit, but probably not against these guys. Footitt's a complete rabbit though.

    The other thing is that the runs have dried up a bit and the new ball's due soonish.

  15. #1485
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    27,990
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    The other thing is that the runs have dried up a bit and the new ball's due soonish.
    Cue Curran hitting 10 off an Onions over.

    Intriguing chase.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Asia Cup 2016
    By mixtapes11 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1088
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 05:33 AM
  2. ***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016
    By Spark in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7177
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 03:35 AM
  3. ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India 2016
    By honestbharani in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 15-02-2016, 12:09 PM
  4. ***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016
    By Spark in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2594
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 08:37 AM
  5. **Official English County Cricket 2013**
    By theegyptian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2712
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •