• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All the pressure means is that both sides know they have to get a result and that a draw suits neither of them. I don't see how that pressure increases the chance of them actually drawing; it massively reduces it.
The scenario I envisage favouring Somerset is if Middlesex are scraping along at 2 or so an over, most of their batting gone and decide they have no chance of winning. Pretty much as their last match went. They just bog down and cop out of trying to score quickly. Given how restrictive Yorkshire were in the first innings and Middlesex' mindset I could definitely see it playing out like that. I think that's much more likely than them getting up to manage to set Yorkshire 200 off 45 or whatever.

91Jmay

International Coach
Surprised we declared. Would have wanted to go on past 400 personally, couple of early wickets needed to justify and of course Barker steps up yet again.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not Ian Salisbury, though I'm sure he would have taken more than that in the days before split divisions. It happened in the last 10 years

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The way Middlesex have played the last 2 games they deserve nothing. At least with them doing what they have it means they don't bore their way to the title.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not Ian Salisbury, though I'm sure he would have taken more than that in the days before split divisions. It happened in the last 10 years
That could be Swann - I don't think he missed a domestic summer due to test matches until 2009.

EDIT
Bugger - just missed your last post.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Very important that malan kept his wicket for tomorrow, we was in danger of being 5/6 down overnight when he came in at 2-2. Try to score 260 from 65 overs leaving them 220 from 30. Hope we take early wickets and they keep swinging until the end