• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patel was one of Wisden's cricketers of the year 2 years ago and has been one of the best players in County Champ for years.
When you look at sides getting multiple overseas players for a month here and a week there and then see Warwickshire with Patel who is settled and there for the duration then you have to say they probably have the best one in county cricket. His results on the field stack up in the last few seasons and there is no real problem with him switching formats as he is capable in all.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Do any County Championship matches get live streamed these days?
Notts have streamed a few home games on their website the past couple of seasons. Sky TV have a couple of championship games normally - coincidentally Notts v Yorkshire in the championship is their first county coverage of the season.

theegyptian

I reckon the standard in the first division of the championship this year will be close to, if not the highest standard of first class cricket going around at the moment. Some real strong squads with plenty of internationals past, present and future.

morgieb

Somerset

1. Rogers (o)
2. Gayle (o)
3. Myburgh
4. -
5. Allenby
6. Leask
7. van de Merwe
8. Davey
9. Arafat
10. Groenewald
11. -

Shame they got rid of Dockrell/Alfonso/Cooper this season, otherwise you end up with a full XI.
And unlike Surrey, all those guys actually grew up overseas :p

Tom Flint

International Regular
Patel was one of Wisden's cricketers of the year 2 years ago and has been one of the best players in County Champ for years.
Fair enough you've seen him more than me, I did though go to the championship game at lords last year and barely got a bowl. Definately agree with having a settled overseas for the whole season 100%

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ye I was at the fourth day we came in for our 2nd innings with about 30 overs left in the match needing about 150 we started well then a bit of a collapse including a Morgan duck I think.. All results were still possible with an hour left I just thought it was strange your overseas player wasn't thrown the ball to try to win you the match. I'm not digging him out just asking the question

theegyptian

Div 2 is interesting. Remember only one team going up this season. The two most obvious contenders for promotion looked like Worcs and Sussex but the Fell testicular cancer and Hobden death issues have got to cast some doubt over them.

Reckon Essex maybe with a new coach could do it. Ten Doeschate and Bopara aren't at the IPL afaik. Cook will play a reasonable amount. Browne, Westley and Lawrence all good young players with Browne and Westley really starting to flourish. Most importantly imo they've added to their seamers. Dixon, Quinn from overseas and Beard through the academy. Don't know how good they are but Napier and Masters are both at the end and need the support.

Not exactly promising for Kent's hopes that Key has spent his preseason working at the world t20 and Billings will miss the first month+ of the season on the bench at the IPL.

91Jmay

International Coach
Luke Ronchi is our 2nd overseas player for T20s. Will play 14 games which is a nice bonus, but not overwhelmed by the signing to say the least. He won't keep, is he any good in the outfield?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is he definitely not going to keep though?

Would say he adds more in that lower middle order hitter role than we presently have.

vogue

See Adam Lyth is returning to county cricket...will this be a good thing for Yorkshire this season?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yes.

One of the best openers around in county cricket and compensates the loss of Bairstow.
yes,agree, considering the number of players we have lost to central contracts, any extra quality players coming back to the ranks is a good thing...imo Warwickshire will be our biggest threat to the triple..

flibbertyjibber

So Vince is going to be great this year (I say this every year)
If he is you may not see much of him. Clearly on the fringes of England selection in limited overs formats and not like we have a solid dependable test line up. I hope he comes good as we need a bat or two. Can't rely on Root all the time.

FBU

International Debutant
So Vince is going to be great this year (I say this every year)
5 players Cook thinks who could force their way into the England team this summer

Browne, Vince, Ballance, Foakes and C Overton. I didn't know we needed a keeper and a bowler.