• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clouds a lot darker now, but they're missing the ground so far. Wouldn't be surprised to lose some overs if Lancashire hang around long enough.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rain stays away we have a ****ing great chance here. Barker playing out of his mind at the moment.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Samit playing with gay abandon. Keep on playing like he is for another hour and the game will be over. And as I type Taylor out at the other end.

Gloucestershire turning their game around in an hour. Home the rain stays away from Bristol.

fredfertang

We did better than I expected - does seem that a little of the traditional brittleness to our batting has gone - mind you I still expect the occasional reminder during the course of the summer

Scaly piscine

For those curious about how many bowlers Durham were missing:

Stokes, Wood, Rushworth, Harrison, Arshad, Hastings (he'd be in IPL-land anyway but is injured) and Coughlin.

Scaly piscine

Hmm didn't realise 'John Pye Auctions' were sponsoring Notts. Reminds me of the 'sponsors' they used to have on cars in Top Gear

91Jmay

International Coach
Great win. Top/middle order collapsing is a real issue but all in all superb start to the season given the calibre of teams we have played (away for most part as well).

Samit, Woakes and Barker with 3 of the best all round games you will see in CC. Barker has been silly good this year so far. Gets a rest in white ball stuff (won't play a T20 if we can help it) which should help as well.

91Jmay

International Coach
Sky showing a graphic of the top first class run scorers world wide since start of 2015 English domestic season.

Name that lept out to me:
Scott Borthwick, 2304 @ 48.00 15 50s 6 100s.

Can't do much more can he.

Groundking

International Debutant
Sky showing a graphic of the top first class run scorers world wide since start of 2015 English domestic season.

Name that lept out to me:
Scott Borthwick, 2304 @ 48.00 15 50s 6 100s.

Can't do much more can he.
Nope, I'd definitely drop Compton fit the next test, Compo is never going to be a test level cricketer, and his second spell in the side had gone like the first, starts off well, but fairly quickly deteriorates, and now even his county form has been piss poor

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Borthwick batting 10 in the T20 today. Come on Surrey make a game of this.

Classic friday night dilemna for the amateur cricketer tonight. Rain forecast for most of the night and into tomorrow here in glos - but always the chance that it clears up.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt Quinn a destroyer on debut?

Surely that's vindication for Graves and his "our T20 Blast is mediocre" talk, if true.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a bit sad though (for parochial types like theegyptian, especially) when Essex open their bowling with blow-ins like Quinn and Dixon, leaving a teen outswing bowler who's knocked over Sri Lanka's top order this month languishing on the bench. It's always that polite deference to the steady hand of the older independent contractor that brings the vibe down, it seems. Aaron Beard has had the back injuries to warrant prudent management though.

grecian

So frustrating for a batsman that, probably decided to go reverse sweep, because it was darting down leg and couldn't be LBW, and then lo and behold the ump gives it.

Good innings from Westley curtailed, and possible match decided, why don't they do referrals in these matches again?

grecian

Did T-Curran say "thank **** for that" after Burke (nominative determinism) caught that? and again

really bad bottling this from the white-stilletto boys.