• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Stace

First Class Debutant
Lawrence, Clarke and Burnham fantastic talents its impossible not to get excited about them all, our batting looks good for the next 15 years. Was gutted for Bell-Drummond as I was at Canterbury last week and by the time I got there he was already gone for a duck, was great to see our captain get a great ton and I hope he can play as well in the championship as he did in the blast last year.

Is Trescothick playing T20 this season? I'll go on Friday if he is.

cpr

International Coach
Well done to Bailey on picking up 5 at least, dare say our bowling depth is not too hideous.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Thought the world had gone mad for a while there but Hameed has managed to get his strike rate back under control and below 40.

91Jmay

International Coach
Reckon he has been an underrated part of how solid Lanky's batting has been this year so far. Seen off the new ball on a number of occasions.

Yeah the leap to Div 1/2 can be quite big. I'd be shocked to see Browne miss out on Lions games next time out though. Surely he is worth that.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yes Hameed's doing great for Lancs. Given Lancs batting is not good, Hameed batting massive periods slowly is great for them. Tire the opposition and make it easier for the rest of the team. A lot of draws with the occasional win at home on a Old Trafford turner will put them firmly in the top half of the table - and I thought they'd be relegated (obviously they still could).

theegyptian

ugh thought we were going to get 4 days of uninterrupted cricket but it seems like there will be plenty of rain tomorrow for most of the country.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kegga doing a good job this morning, shame about the two quick wickets, hopefully we can edge closer to 350 or so. 11 points from a draw away at Durham would be perfectly acceptable

91Jmay

International Coach
Ian Westwood made 2 off 51 this match. We need a new opener so badly, he really puts so much pressure on Varun.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not the most extraordinary attack apart from Hogan, but glad to see Bancroft finally finding a way.

91Jmay

International Coach
Been thinking about our batting order.

Would go

Chops
Trott
Bell
Hain
Evans
Woakes
Ambrose
Clarke
Barker

as our top 8 I think. Westwood killing us at the top, and Evans whilst inconsistent has played some blinding knocks in the past.

theegyptian

Dunno what Foakes was doing. Giving the strike early in the over to an injured Rampaul when you still need a few to get past the followon mark is pretty stupid.

91Jmay

International Coach
Barker making an early season run at the MVP award. Massive chance to win tomorrow weather permitting. Jeetan with a big spell hopefully to get us a huge away win.

91Jmay

International Coach
I've flip flopped but I think I might fancy Borthwick at 3 if Compton fails. Gives us more of a solid option than the rest, young and has got a really good record in the top 4.