• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
So if no Wood, who will be the fourth seamer in the squad and probably 12th man for the first test of the summer? I think they may move on from Woakes, Jordan, and Footitt and look at someone else. Craig Overton or Jake Ball is my guess, maybe Tom Curran if he were to get a load of wickets now he's playing div 1.

cpr

International Coach
Kegga, Jimmy, Jarvis and Wagner didn't look like emulating the rescue acts that Saj, Hoggy and Chappy used to do on a regular basis, but looks like the tradition of the tail getting the batters out of the **** more often than not may be continuing
Before that we had a tail with Martin, Austin, Watto, and some guy from Pakistan who could all swing a bat...

Great to see Livingstone have a good knock on debut, reckon he and Davies will be key in mid order for us this year

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before that we had a tail with Martin, Austin, Watto, and some guy from Pakistan who could all swing a bat...

Great to see Livingstone have a good knock on debut, reckon he and Davies will be key in mid order for us this year
For some reason I had assumed Livingston would be a Cheshire League bully who couldn't hack it in the Championship, so delighted to be proved wrong, again - hoping my expectation that Jimmy would take zero wickets for us this season will be my next lousy prediction to be rubbished

cpr

International Coach
He hit 91 on his one day debut, which suggested he might be a bit more than that, so for a decent score yesterday is a nice bonus to take.

Buttler going to IPL is a real bonus for Davies, he's really coming on so well thanks to the game time he got last year. I'm glad we've got Jos, but I'm slightly more glad we've got a more than serviceable back up too.

theegyptian

Liam Plunkett probably.
ugh i hope not. Doesn't move the ball off the straight and not quite quick enough to be express.

Don't think he would do a bad job but at 31 he's hardly going to be a prospect going forward. With the age makeup and experience of the big 3 seamers I really think England should be picking someone younger.

It's not as if Craig Overton doesn't have the pedigree. 2014 he had 40 wickets @ 29.52 and 2015 he had 47 @ 21.74 both in division 1 which is as good as anyone. First class batting average of 25 also.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah Coverton worth a shout, not convinced in what I've seen in him that he does anything particularly test match level though to be honest.

theegyptian

My understanding of him is that whilst he's no great pace at present is that he can and does bowl a whole lot fuller than your typical 6'5'' guy without getting all floaty like a Morkel or Broad do sometimes when they're trying to pitch it up. He nips the ball around and batsmen find him very hard to get forward to. Hasn't played any first class cricket outside England so hard to judge on that account which will be the question mark against him given his relative lack of pace.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Could do with a Jimmeh magic spell here - doubt we will get too many chances as good as this to push for a win this year.

grecian

My understanding of him is that whilst he's no great pace at present is that he can and does bowl a whole lot fuller than your typical 6'5'' guy without getting all floaty like a Morkel or Broad do sometimes when they're trying to pitch it up. He nips the ball around and batsmen find him very hard to get forward to. Hasn't played any first class cricket outside England so hard to judge on that account which will be the question mark against him given his relative lack of pace.
The hope is certainly that he's a McGrath/ Fraser type, not a typical big England bowler.

I'd go with Plunkett though, he's done little wrong since coming back.

91Jmay

International Coach
Trotty playing a blinder here, and what a start to the season Keith Barker has had. Horses for courses he would run through Sri Lanka you'd expect, but obviously wouldn't actually want him in Test team as little long term potential abroad.

theegyptian

Be great if Lancs can force a win here. Interestingly Broad's last 5 championship games for Notts have been lost 3, drawn 2.

Plenty of runs going around. Well I guess the spinners will be getting plenty of work in time. Teams like Glos have been slow to adapt with Roderick flogging Shaw and Norwell whilst Taylor has been underbowled, whilst the likes of Lancs and Sussex already using their spinners to hold an end and rotate the seamers from the other end.

cpr

International Coach
I expect spin to be big at OT this year, half surprised Lilley isnt in the team. However I don't know what the pitch is like, it looks like its a bloody slow scorer, thats for sure. Gorgeous day for it but no runs coming..

theegyptian

Samit caught on the boundary playing the pull shot. Already out twice caught on the boundary in the first four innings of the season. A special kind of talent that Samit.

cpr

International Coach
See Wagners bored of this being in the field lark and wants a sit down. Damn pesky opposition batsmen making him field.

Currently looking at a sub 100 chase on a final day. Even Hameed can manage that!

91Jmay

International Coach
One more wicket before close would be so massive. This partnership can save the game for them but if we break it over night reckon we can run through them with Jeetan.

grecian

Trotty playing a blinder here, and what a start to the season Keith Barker has had. Horses for courses he would run through Sri Lanka you'd expect, but obviously wouldn't actually want him in Test team as little long term potential abroad.
I'm never one for picking on potential of what happens in time, Barker was a pro-footballer for his earlier years, so I'm sure he's got many overs in him as he wouldn't have too many hours on the clock.

He's definitely someone who should be in consideration I think, I'd probably have him ahead of Willey and Footit if they wanted a left-arm option in Tests.