• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And being an all format first pick, Stokes won't be playing much, if any, for Durham, regardless of if he gets a gig in India.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
S Kennedy name your Durham line up,minus Ben Stokes unavailable.
Well if we get cook/latham it might look marginally better for the first 9 games. Until we lose both openers to England/South Africa. We'll lose wood for the champions trophy probably if he's fit come start of the season.

Cook
Jennings
Burnham
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
P.Coughlin
Wood
Rushworth
Onions

Without international players :shocking: although might be able to put Latham in that when the other 3 leave

Burnham
Clark
Hickey
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
P.Coughlin
Weighell
Rushworth
Onions

The only thing going for us is our fast bowling department is well stocked. As Arshad,Carse,McCarthy,J Coughlin,Main also. Our only other player is Steel who is an american Durham MCCU player. Pinched from Middlesex seconds cos the batting is so depleted.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Stokes played a bit more last year because he was injured for England a couple of times. Previous year he played two 20 over games in total. No championship or 50 over cricket.

S.Kennedy

And being an all format first pick, Stokes won't be playing much, if any, for Durham, regardless of if he gets a gig in India.
He would normally be playing about two-three cc matches at the beginning of the season, and two-three cc matches at the end, with a smattering of T20s high-summer.

ps

This is basically a typical scenario for an English Test cricketer during England's domestic season. If it doesn't happen quite according to that, it is because he is knackered or struggling for match fitness.

This year it will be different with the test stuff arriving in July.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Well if we get cook/latham it might look marginally better for the first 9 games. Until we lose both openers to England/South Africa. We'll lose wood for the champions trophy probably if he's fit come start of the season.

Cook
Jennings
Burnham
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
P.Coughlin
Wood
Rushworth
Onions

Without international players :shocking: although might be able to put Latham in that when the other 3 leave

Burnham
Clark
Hickey
Richardson
Collingwood
Poynter
Pringle
P.Coughlin
Weighell
Rushworth
Onions

The only thing going for us is our fast bowling department is well stocked. As Arshad,Carse,McCarthy,J Coughlin,Main also. Our only other player is Steel who is an american Durham MCCU player. Pinched from Middlesex seconds cos the batting is so depleted.
I tried and I gave up haha. My team was stuffed full of bowlers; the batting ceased at about five.

Richardson had a poor season last year.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I tried and I gave up haha. My team was stuffed full of bowlers; the batting ceased at about five.

Richardson had a poor season last year.
Richardson was but he gets in on merit of being the second most experienced batsman(christ just saying that makes you sad.)

I put poynter in so our tail didn't start at 6,debatable on who gets the gloves.

Thankfully all of our 3/4 seamers can bat. Hopefully make much more runs against inferior bowlers in division 2 and then we can call them all rounders.

Paul Coughlin staying fit is huge cos that lad is some player in the making.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If we survive the drop this year it might be more surprising than Leicester winning the PL last year. Our only dependable batsman is Has who will be available for half the games if we are lucky and our bowling attack is hardly anything to write home about unless Jimmy is available (Anderson, Jarvis, McLaren, Smith, Kerrigan might be ok) plus we've gone for the easy, predictable and doomed option of jobs for the boys in the coaching department.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
If we survive the drop this year it might be more surprising than Leicester winning the PL last year. Our only dependable batsman is Has who will be available for half the games if we are lucky and our bowling attack is hardly anything to write home about unless Jimmy is available (Anderson, Jarvis, McLaren, Smith, Kerrigan might be ok) plus we've gone for the easy, predictable and doomed option of jobs for the boys in the coaching department.
9 championship games before the South Africa series. Longest you'll have seen Jimmy in the red rose in years.

FBU

International Debutant
9 championship games before the South Africa series. Longest you'll have seen Jimmy in the red rose in years.
3 cc games, 8 RLODC and then 5 cc games.
First time he will have played white ball cricket for Lancs in 6 years
Also pre season T20 in the UAE
Confirmed teams include Peshawar Zalmi and Lahore Qalandars from the Pakistan Super League, the Jamaica Tallawahas and Birmingham Bears.

theegyptian

Great news about Carberry back in training with Hampshire. Big logjam of batsman there. England u19 bat Joe Weatherley scored 220* overnight for Woodville in SA first grade cricket overnight also.

Mason Crane has been taking lots of wickets in Sydney grade and even scoring a few runs. Nearly always picks up a good wicket haul but tends to go at 4 or 5 an over in 2 day cricket. He took 7-93 in 22 overs overnight for instance. Tough to know what to think really.

Ed Barnard another guy doing well in Perth. Lots of wickets and has scored 90 and 100 in recent weeks. He impressed me last year for Worcestershire as a bowler. Bowls a full length and nips it around both ways. Was around 78-80mph last year. If he develops physically and becomes a mid 80s bowler I reckon he could go from averaging 40 to averaging in the low 20s and be on the England radar.

Dominic Bess is another that is doing really well in SA. Keeps a good lid on the scoring rate of the opposition and taking lots of wickets too. He really looked good for Somerset last year but so many of our spinners go massively off the boil in their early 20s so fingers crossed. I was surprised that with England u19s having so many injuries they didn't bring in Bess for the Indian u19 tour. Virdi was the standout spinner of that group and he's injured. Bess is still young enough to play for them (even if he won't go to the next u19 WC) and it would have been good for him to get some 4 day cricket in India/ Boost the strength of the squad. That u19 group is going to get smashed in India. At full strength they would be beaten easily but with all the injuries to the bowlers it's possibly going to be embarrassing.

theegyptian

Guys not doing so well in grade cricket.

Kohler-Cadmore - One hundred but lots of single digit scores rather like his end of season form with Worcestershire. I think your possibly seeing with him is the affects of playing 3 formats. He opens in the shorter formats and plays aggresively. Very strong straight driver. Seems to have impacted his first class game now where he just isn't secure defensively. The James Vince affect if you will I.e Become more and more aggresive and loose in first class cricket as a result of being an aggro T20/50 over opener.

Tom Moores - Not entirely surprisingly has struggled in WA. Notts putting him at 3 at the end of the season seemed to be just a massive wtf decision. No way near secure enough technically to bat that high. Looked a clean striker with the Eng u19s but needs to work at being more solid all round before he starts playing county cricket. Hasn't even been keeping for Subiaco which is disappointing.

Brad Taylor and Matt Critchley are two spinners who haven't done much. They've retained their position in first grade but neither has bowled a lot. Taylor looked a real prospect at 16 but like so many English spinners he's fallen away(tbf he's had finger injuries) and is more of a batsman these days.

Monty Panesar - Really not having a great impact playing in Sydney. Today for instance O'Keefe took 9-54 in 29.5 overs, Panesar 0-17 in 4 overs in the next innings of the game. Just isn't bowling that many overs which is kind of his thing. Kind of sad where his career has gone.

S.Kennedy

Overseas signing, rather than on a Kolpak deal apparently. No need to worry Proteas - in fact he will be well versed in England conditions when you land.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tom Smith retires because of injury - terrible shame and a body blow to Lancs already all but non-existent chances of survival next summer