• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there any point in WI have any selectors

Craig

World Traveller
No offence Liam, but your region has some real amatuers in charge of the WICB and the selection panel.

In all honestly I dont think Sir Viv and co. has a clue when it comes for selecting teams. Mind you I guess you get what you pay for, the WI selectors (I read this on caribbeancricket.com) do this for free.

I'm wondering, until a contract system comes into place and in a world of having mobile phones and e-mail, is there much need for them, cant Gus Logie and Brian Lara have a few respected friends or scouts who live in the various islands tell them who's bowling well or batting well and let them select their own teams?

I'm sure Gus Logie would like to select his own team.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
No offence Liam, but your region has some real amatuers in charge of the WICB and the selection panel.
Agreed for the most part.
In all honestly I dont think Sir Viv and co. has a clue when it comes for selecting teams.
Should be coaching IMO.
I'm wondering, until a contract system comes into place and in a world of having mobile phones and e-mail, is there much need for them, cant Gus Logie and Brian Lara have a few respected friends or scouts who live in the various islands tell them who's bowling well or batting well and let them select their own teams?
I certainly trust Lara's judgement in selection matters more than the selectors themselves, but we need the selectors there. If not for anything else, we need someone who can take the blame. :)
I'm sure Gus Logie would like to select his own team.
I'm not too confident in Gus Logie as yet.