• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh is booming, Top 8 BEWARE

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lack of international games and also lack of international away games even within the SC. There are a variety of pitches on offer within the SC which people like Burgey would dismiss under one blanked term of 'flat SC pitches'. Bangladesh have barely played in even Sri Lanka or India and this is hurting them. This is why despite being being in form, they are unable to translate that into tournaments such as these played in the SC.
An outrageous slur. Pitches in the subcontinent vary enormously, depending on how much lucre the home skipper throws the groundsman to prepare the deck he wants.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
An outrageous slur. Pitches in the subcontinent vary enormously, depending on how much lucre the home skipper throws the groundsman to prepare the deck he wants.
So very much like in England eh? Let's see if Pakistan tours with Amir and Asif, how much grass would be left on the pitches.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So very much like in England eh? Let's see if Pakistan tours with Amir and Asif, how much grass would be left on the pitches.
Come on MIgara.. Don't bite. Burgey is just having fun. The key is to troll him back and have your own fun :D

the big bambino

International Captain
This post accidentally raises an interesting point. Is Asif in the frame to tour England? I've only just checked his recent activity and he's played domestic Ltd Over games over January. He has Div 2 matches coming up. Again Ltd Over I think. I don't believe Amir has had many FC matches since his comeback (or if so, only a few) and he seems set to tour. So what do our Pakistani posters think: Asif to tour England for the upcoming 4 test series?

smash84

The Tiger King
I think recently he was appointed captain of the Sialkot team, at this point I am not sure if the board will want him in the reckoning since there is Rahat and Imran khan who have been bowling decently, plus Wahab might be in the reckoning as well. But if PCB get desperate then you never know.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's grade II. They still haven't played in grade I yet and I am not sure if they will get an opportunity before the England series. So far there is plenty of opposition to both of them from the team and the board, so for him to come back, that has to be resolved first. If any of them do, Butt will probably make it before Asif because Pakistan is in dire need of openers. His name was brought up earlier before the World T20 after the Khurram Manzoor debacle but was shot down by the team. Whether that will keep happening, who knows.

Right now they have Hafeez and Shehzad as likely openers for the England tour and you can't really rely on either for an away series like that. Not that Butt is any better, but it might make the management feel better if they pick 3 openers in the squad.

the big bambino

International Captain
Cheers. I'm guessing they'll pick five/six seamers in a touring squad. You can get in the guys you mentioned plus Asif as well. Pakistan will say he's done his time and I can't see why they wont pick him for the tour at least.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but the board and management hasn't been as supportive of these two as they have been of Amir. That's the main difference here though.

the big bambino

International Captain
I agree its harder to love him or Butt than Amir (I can't stand either) but I reckon they'll be pragmatic come selection time.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well guess what, neither have India ever taken 20 wickets in any LO game ever in their history and they have been playing much much longer than Bangladesh. Never seen you two say India suck though.

#Big3conspiracy
Something's are just so obvious BW that they do not need saying mate.

91Jmay

International Coach
You mean like when they toured with those two last time and the pitches seamed + there was swing at every venue?