• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh is booming, Top 8 BEWARE

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That it with the marc baiting? Srsly BD's main concern would be to nullify our pace bowling and that could be achieved on a sub con turner as a road. You don't think they'd have been tempted passively witnessing our previous sub con debacles? They could've picked John Howard and still rolled us.
But that's what a lot of people are saying. They haven't really managed that in the test matches they played last year on roads. They only posted one good total on an absolute road, but the rest of the time, they failed to post great totals.

the big bambino

International Captain
I remember at the time being a little worried about the tour. I cant recall all the circumstances but had something to do with our recent poor form and BD performing better than usual in combination with our sub con wobbles. Maybe I exaggerated their improvement but was readying myself for a whole lot of platitudes in case they won (which would have been deserved). I think if the tour take place now I'd be a lot more confident even accounting for the emergence of Taskin and Mustafizur.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Bangladesh played Australia in a Test series in India, there'd be cause for concern. But the roads in Bangladesh are just too roady for Australia to have lost that series as it was, IMO.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, the format is important here. In ODIs, it's 50-50 and no one should be surprised if Bangladesh wins a home ODI series against Australia.. Tests, Australia should win comfortably. Lyon would be enough to bowl out Bangladesh who were getting out to Duminy and Harmer against South Africa.

24/7cricket

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh vs Pakistan - 2nd T20 world cup match in India (venue - Eden Garden, Kolkata )

Hard to predict who can win. But I'am on Bangladesh side because of there past performance.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I wrong in suggesting Bangers still overly rely on slow low dull mud-heap wickets? Any real semblance of bounce and/or pace and they struggle, even in the SC.

cnerd123

likes this
Am I wrong in suggesting Bangers still overly rely on slow low dull mud-heap wickets? Any real semblance of bounce and/or pace and they struggle, even in the SC.
The sad part is that they actually have the personnel to do well on juicier tracks. But for some reason the BCB is too reluctant or unable to produce them at home, even for the domestic season.

All BD's issues basically come down to either a lack of international games, or a lack of variety in the pitches in BD. One's out of the BCB's control, the other isn't. Really wish they would do something.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lack of international games and also lack of international away games even within the SC. There are a variety of pitches on offer within the SC which people like Burgey would dismiss under one blanked term of 'flat SC pitches'. Bangladesh have barely played in even Sri Lanka or India and this is hurting them. This is why despite being being in form, they are unable to translate that into tournaments such as these played in the SC.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Nah, pretty sure the reason is that they suck. They've never once picked 20 wickets in a T20 they've played.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well guess what, neither have India ever taken 20 wickets in any LO game ever in their history and they have been playing much much longer than Bangladesh. Never seen you two say India suck though.

#Big3conspiracy

91Jmay

International Coach
The sad part is that they actually have the personnel to do well on juicier tracks. But for some reason the BCB is too reluctant or unable to produce them at home, even for the domestic season.

All BD's issues basically come down to either a lack of international games, or a lack of variety in the pitches in BD. One's out of the BCB's control, the other isn't. Really wish they would do something.
And also that they don't have many good players. Lets not forget that little nugget.