• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh is booming, Top 8 BEWARE

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or is it an Afridi innings-type boob-boom, which will look spectacular but only last a very short while?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there was a chance of them batting really well and forcing a draw against Aus but there was no way they were bowling us out cheaply and winning

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
2015-The Year of Bangladesh
1.Eliminate England from the World Cup
2.Bangladesh's first win over Pakistan in 16 years(ODI 3-0)
3.Bangladesh had their maiden ODI series win against India.(ODI 2-1)
4.Bangladesh had their maiden ODI series win against South Africa.

Bangladesh got the two new stars - Sarkar and Mustafizur.

Bangladesh had a best year on there cricket journey and continued in 2016 also by getting into finals of Asia Cup.

I think, now Bangladesh team cannot be consider minor.

What are your views???
Yes they can't be considered minor because they have had 18 years in international cricket now. But are they booming? No.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember I criticised Bangladesh heavily during the time they were ****. Saw a few Bangladesh fans criticise me on some forum of theirs feeling offended.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
there was a chance of them batting really well and forcing a draw against Aus but there was no way they were bowling us out cheaply and winning
Because Australia's form on turning tracks against spinners at that time was so good wasn't it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because Australia's form on turning tracks against spinners at that time was so good wasn't it?
They haven't been actually preparing turning tracks for Tests in Bangladesh though; they've just been preparing slow roads. The roadiest of slow roads.

They might've changed things up for that series, but assuming they didn't I really couldn't see Bangladesh's bowlers troubling Australia at all.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia are poor against spinners on Asian conditions. Yes. But Bangladesh don't really have a test standard spinner who will run through the side. Nor are they very good at posting 500 plus totals very often even on these roads.

mr_mister

it's sad he's made 60k posts on this site you think he could be a little more happy when he does it

mr_mister

also I don't believe he rates their bowling attack that highly either. he's just contrarian for the sake of it whenever i give an opinion. and got irrationally mad at the fact i said 'lol' and 'lmao' a few times like he thinks it's a sign of low intelligence or something. just dont understand what his beef is

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
2015-The Year of Bangladesh
1.Eliminate England from the World Cup
2.Bangladesh's first win over Pakistan in 16 years(ODI 3-0)
3.Bangladesh had their maiden ODI series win against India.(ODI 2-1)
4.Bangladesh had their maiden ODI series win against South Africa.
What I find interesting about this list is that all four elements are ODI achievements, and in ODIs Bangladesh are a proud member of the "top eight".

Should Bangladesh therefore beware of themselves?

I'd like to hear kiwiviktor's thoughts.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
also I don't believe he rates their bowling attack that highly either. he's just contrarian for the sake of it whenever i give an opinion. and got irrationally mad at the fact i said 'lol' and 'lmao' a few times like he thinks it's a sign of low intelligence or something. just dont understand what his beef is
He used to do the same thing with me. I just ignored him. I'd suggest you do the same.

the big bambino

International Captain
That it with the marc baiting? Srsly BD's main concern would be to nullify our pace bowling and that could be achieved on a sub con turner as a road. You don't think they'd have been tempted passively witnessing our previous sub con debacles? They could've picked John Howard and still rolled us.