• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WOW - First ever?

Rich2001

International Captain
I have just checked the current scores in the C&G Trophy (English game)

And this is what I saw, is it a first, 200 runs in a 50 over match?

50 over match - Surrey v Glamorgan

Surrey 438/5 (50 ov) RR - 8.76

AD Brown

Runs - 268
Balls - 160
4's - 30
6's - 12
S/R - 167.50

He was finaly bowled in the final over by Kasprowicz.

The other main scorer in the innings was I.Ward with 91

:O :O :O :O

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the HIGHEST one-day score I've seen but didn't Gordon Greenidge score a one-day double ton in an English cometition?

Top_Cat

Here ya go, dood:

268 AD Brown Surrey v Glamorgan Oval 2002
222* RG Pollock Eastern Province v Border East London 1974/75
206 AI Kallicharran Warwickshire v Oxfordshire Birmingham 1984
203 AD Brown Surrey v Hampshire Guildford 1997
202* A Barrow Natal v South Africa African XI Durban 1975/76
201 VJ Wells Leicestershire v Berkshire Leicester 1996

So Alvin Kallicharran was the first in English Limted over cricket. There's been a few of late! Brown has done it twice!

[Edited on 6/19/02 by Top_Cat]

Top_Cat

Yeah, have a look at the reply! The game actually went down to the wire in the end. I tell ya, you know the track was a belter when Robert Croft scored 119 off 69 balls. :D

And you know it's a strange game when Adam Hollioake took 5/77!!!!

Sheesh, wish I could have watched that one!

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Saeed Anwar scored 194 (or around that) in a one-day international I think. Does anyone know if someone's gotten closer to 200 in an international???

Top_Cat

Nope, that's the highest. Viv Richards scored 189* before that one then 188* by Gary Kirsten and then 170-odd is the next one I believe.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nope, that's the highest. Viv Richards scored 189* before that one then 188* by Gary Kirsten and then 170-odd is the next one I believe.
Ganguly's 183 at Taunton in WC 99.

[Edited on 6/21/02 by Neil Pickup]

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not likely to forget someone accusing me of doing a grievious wrong by digging-up a thread then doing the same thing a few months later.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SD Thomas was hit for 108 runs and had an over to go from his max 10 !! Is that a record too ??

Glamorgan 429 not out !

Surely difficult to beat for a losing side with 50 overs not completely played :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Coincidentally there's an article on Ali Brown (now officially the "old Kevin Pietersen"! Or at least according to Kevin Mitchell... :D ) in today's Observer which mentions his 268. Link:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1479217,00.html
Thanks for that BB.

Imagine a player like that hidden from the world and a paper of the eminence of The Times greeting him with the considered view that he was 'a clown' . On the other hand we have Woolmer and his lesser clown with the greatest potential in the world tag.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Coincidentally there's an article on Ali Brown (now officially the "old Kevin Pietersen"! Or at least according to Kevin Mitchell... :D ) in today's Observer which mentions his 268. Link:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1479217,00.html
Without reading that article to compare Pietersen to Brown is ludicrous, the only thing they have in common is their propensity to play the odd exceptionally fast innings.