• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PAK under 19 spinners

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
did anyone see pakistans under 19 spinners.

heard tariq mahmood and mansoor were turning the ball square. also heard imran ali pasha was bowling fairly quick and looked similar to sami.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Muddaser said:
did anyone see pakistans under 19 spinners.

heard tariq mahmood and mansoor were turning the ball square. also heard imran ali pasha was bowling fairly quick and looked similar to sami.
Tariq has copied Murali's action, and chucks.

Mansoor is very promising. Bowled Sunny Singh with a brilliat googly. Leggie.

The other offie (can't think what his name is) is accurate, and looks like Saqlain.

Imran is a definite talent, quick for his age.

The other seamer (can't think of his name) swings it but is the worst chucker I have seen to date.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Re: Re: PAK under 19 spinners

Tom Halsey said:
Tariq has copied Murali's action, and chucks.
The other seamer (can't think of his name) swings it but is the worst chucker I have seen to date.
Hals i'm fed up of you accusing people of chucking just because they're not english, some bowlers have real talent and they don't need you telling them that all that they've achieved is through cheating.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: PAK under 19 spinners

Armadillo said:
Hals i'm fed up of you accusing people of chucking just because they're not english, some bowlers have real talent and they don't need you telling them that all that they've achieved is through cheating.
Well you live near him, go and make your point :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, how can anyone copy Murali's action? It's the result of an almost unique set of circumstances, a deformed elbow, super flexible wrists...

This young spinner could have a dodgy action though. If I tried to copy Murali's action, it would require my elbow not to straighten, to re-create the angle Murali's elbow straightens at. But it's almost impossible to hold a joint (please no Liam jokes here) in the same position without it moving, unless it is at the maximum extention point, and spinners don't generally bowl fast enough for hyper-extention to come into effect.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im not going to say this guy Tariq Mahmood chucks.. But what has happened is that we have another freak who has obviously copied Murali.. We dont want another 100 Murali's appearing! One is bad enough for these forums :(

And Armadillo, why does Halsey saying a guy chucks a cricket ball mean he is racist?

Its novel this, but not everything in this world is race related

Last edited:
Jesus christ, i was shell shocked to see Tariq mahmood in action, this guy is a pure chucker (no bias here) and though umpires haven't reported for his action till date, this guy WON"T get away with such action for long.

I agree with tom, their pacers have dodgy action too. Its unfortunate that Pak which once produced leganeds like Akram, Imran and Waqar is now producing chuckers one after another.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Im not going to say this guy Tariq Mahmood chucks.. But what has happened is that we have another freak who has obviously copied Murali.. We dont want another 100 Murali's appearing! One is bad enough for these forums :(

And Armadillo, why does Halsey saying a guy chucks a cricket ball mean he is racist?
Where in my post did I say Hals is racist, Hals is one of my best mates why would I say he's racist?

Langeveldt

Soutie
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Jesus christ, i was shell shocked to see Tariq mahmood in action, this guy is a pure chucker (no bias here) and though umpires haven't reported for his action till date, this guy WON"T get away with such action for long.

Of course he will get away with it.. All he does is bowl like Murali, and he is completely innocent isnt he?

Shocking to see, i think it was Riaz Afridi... He chucks...

IMO player burnout and chucking are the biggest crises in cricket after Cronje....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Of course he will get away with it.. All he does is bowl like Murali, and he is completely innocent isnt he?
If he can completely replicate Murali's action, then his action is legal.

I for one doubt he can replicate it though.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
He can't.

He is a chucker, trust me.

Also, Sky prooved that the other seamer has a, shall we say, dodgy action.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reports are that the WICB allowed a bowler who chucks to go to the U19 WC this year, but no report has come out stating his name. I haven't seen the Windies U19 in action thus far, so I can't say who it is, but I'm all but fed up with the ridiculous action of the WICB.

They (and Guyana's cricket authorities) have allowed a bowled named Rayon Griffith to participate in every game for Guyana this season, whilst sporting one of the most blatantly illegal actions. Haven't they learnt anything from Lawson?