• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black caps-2nd in the world?

Ford_GTHO351 said:
and a gigantic list of domestic/friinge players to choose from like:

MacGill
Hussey (both of them)
Kasprowicz
Katich
Williams
Clarke
Watson
Bichel
Harvey
Love...and the list goes on and on.
WHEEEEEEEEERE'S NORTH?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Trying to bore out a cricket say's something tome doesnt it? That a bowler cant get a batsman out and has to restort to that.
Except he did get him out from this tactic!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
MoxPearl said:
Well after the series win against SA now New Zealand jumped from 8th till 3rd in the world rankings :o

So the post starter was close hehehehe

Until you see that the gap between 2nd and 3rd is bigger than the one between 3rd and 8th!

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Except he did get him out from this tactic!
I'm sure Giles and the other England bowlers are capable of getting him out without resorting to it.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand are the number two side in world cricket without a doubt. If you beat the number 2 side in the world so convincenly then surely you can say you are better than them

Mingster

State Regular
Richard Rash said:
New Zealand are the number two side in world cricket without a doubt. If you beat the number 2 side in the world so convincenly then surely you can say you are better than them
"without a doubt"

you're surely joking right?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No doubt this will cause controversy....I would ask other forum members not to take it seriously.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Choora said:
Mate i've no special interest in that series, its just that BC was claiming that NZ should be regarded as second best coz of their victory over India and Pak, that i mentioned that!
I don't recall claiming that we're 2 because we beat ind and pak.I was just saying,you beat the 2nd best team in the world,plus 3 other good sides (India,Pakistan(who we've had so much trouble against)and England(who then had gough,knight,trescothick, thorpe and other players,so they were a strong side)so i was just saying we COULD be the 2nd best team in the world.We are consistant at odi series at home,4 series wins in a row,so we arent totally inconsistent.

Oh,and can someone please explain how south africa went from 5-0(I think)win against windies,then come to NZ and crash to a 5-1 loss,to a team that was ranked 8TH?

So with that evidence,I continue to support that the ICC's rankings are complete and utter Bull****.

(I think righting this post is gonna bite me in the ***)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I'm sure Giles and the other England bowlers are capable of getting him out without resorting to it.
They devised a plan for him, and it worked - I don't see the problem?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BlackCap_Fan said:
Oh,and can someone please explain how south africa went from 5-0(I think)win against windies,then come to NZ and crash to a 5-1 loss,to a team that was ranked 8TH?
Pitch conditions (SA have undergone a complete change)
SA also, only beat WI 3-1 and were fortunate it didn't end 2-2.

Also, as already stated the gap between 3rd and 8th is minute (because those 6 teams are incredibly equally matched)

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
They devised a plan for him, and it worked - I don't see the problem?
My point is that they didnt have to resort to negative bowling to get somebody out.

Have you ever seen Stephen Fleming ever set a negative field to get a batsmen out?