• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black caps-2nd in the world?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
When at full strength I wouldn't be so sure (how many in a row did they win?!)
Any team is beatable and on your day, you take your catches, bowl with a plan (not some negative rubbish stuff from a certain England spinner) bat positively and need some luck to go your way.

NZ had a plan when they toured that's why some of the Australian's didnt do as well. And that was an inform team coming off from belting England.

Craig

World Traveller
iamdavid said:
Now patriotism aside would you honestly say the standard of cricket played domestically in New Zealand is higher than the standard in any of those 5 aforementioned nations???
Well obviously not higher then Australia. But until I see domestic cricket from South Africa, England and India, I cant really say.

All I'm going on is the fact the standard is rising a lot and it's probably strongest then what it ever has been.

Until Pakistan get their act together, I wont say it is higher then New Zealand's.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
(not some negative rubbish stuff from a certain England spinner)
Negative rubbish?

I assume you're talking of Giles there.

If so, then that plan (frustrating SRT) worked to a tee.

Langeveldt

Soutie
On talent, i would say....

1.India
2.Pakistan
3.South Africa
4.Australia

New Zealand and Australia are two of the most well drilled and commited sides in world cricket, maybe that goes further than talent? and it explains why they are winning games at the moment.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Choora said:
Yeah, but the result would have been almost the same had they sent their best squad. Infact in the previous ill fated tour, NZ's team wasn't that weak but got hammered at the hands of Pakistan.

this is off topic but i have to ask this to choora

are u ISI operative living in tamil nadu :D

Mingster

State Regular
iamdavid said:
I think the fact a man who manages to average over 40 in the domestic comp is still considered by the men in charge to be an inferior batsman to McCullum , Vettori & Oram (Oram would be doing very well to average 30 at test level & the other two would be flattered by averages of 25) really illustrates my point brilliantly.:lol:
Mills would probably bat higher in a Test game than Vettori, but if you look at his ODI record and his OD record, it isn't as great.

Mills has only posted 1 x 100 in either form of the game while Vettori and Oram has posted a few more.

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
Could've been - there's no certainty - I can't have seen it being 5-0 if that were the case.
That's why i used the word ALMOST!

If not 5-0, it would have been 4-1!

Choora

State Regular
harry674 said:
this is off topic but i have to ask this to choora

are u ISI operative living in tamil nadu :D

Is this joke? if it was it wasn't funny no do i appeciate such comments.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Negative rubbish?

I assume you're talking of Giles there.

If so, then that plan (frustrating SRT) worked to a tee.
Trying to bore out a cricket say's something tome doesnt it? That a bowler cant get a batsman out and has to restort to that.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Heh, better bowlers than Giles have done that against SRT. Remember the old "around the legs" routine that Warne's circus troupe pulled in 99/00.

Talk about a massacre. Ouch. Poor guy couldn't even sleep.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Well after the series win against SA now New Zealand jumped from 8th till 3rd in the world rankings :o

So the post starter was close hehehehe

Last edited:

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
On talent, i would say....

1.India
2.Pakistan
3.South Africa
4.Australia
I would have to disagree with you there. Australia is No.1 by far on talent, in Tests and ODI's. Also Australia has the strongest domestic four day and one day cricket comps in the world.

When you have exceptional or good players in your side such as:

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Gilchrist
Lee
Gillespie
Symonds
Bevan

and with others coming back like:

Warne
McGrath
Lehmann

and a gigantic list of domestic/friinge players to choose from like:

MacGill
Hussey (both of them)
Kasprowicz
Katich
Williams
Clarke
Watson
Bichel
Harvey
Love...and the list goes on and on.

So I would say that by far Australia is No.1 in talent for both tests and ODI's.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
At the moment I reckon NZ are producing more talented players than South Africa...that's not including players like Gibbs, Kallis, Smith etc but more the newer players.

thierry henry

International Coach
India #1 on talent? Give me a break. As far as bowling and fielding is concerned, India's "talent" production over the last few years has been terrible. Considering it's a country of 1 billion, damn near embarrassing.

It's worth noting that there are an absolute heap of Indian cricketers in NZ, and pretty much none of them have even made it to first class level.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
i dont understand what new zealand has to do to make people think they are getting up there ?

Thrash the "second ranked team" and the team everyone thought would demolish new zealand ? Nope still dont seem good enuff..

I mean seriously waht do u want them to do ?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
good spelling of CONSISTENT! I agree New Zealand are not half as CONSISTENT as number two has to be.