• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shahid Afridi's final international tournament in Pakistani Colours. Tributes?

Athlai

Not Terrible
One of the finest and most intelligent limited overs spinners to play the game.

One of the most naturally gifted yet entirely ridiculously stupid batsman to play the game.

Also has by far the most confusing age in cricket. Copped flak for being older than he is reported to be on debut, yet is still playing 20 years later.

The ultimate troll cricketer.

Haters can suck it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How should fans remember him? :blink:
His career followed a weird trajectory. Came in as a spinner but made the fastest century and became a slogger. Last 5-6 years, he had been a spinner and his batting has been less impressive. I wish he had concentrated more on his bowling. Had the shoulders to be a quality leg spinner. For me the most memorable thing about his career would be how the stadiums in Pakistan would empty as soon as he got out.

cnerd123

likes this
One of the finest and most intelligent limited overs spinners to play the game.

One of the most naturally gifted yet entirely ridiculously stupid batsman to play the game.

Also has by far the most confusing age in cricket. Copped flak for being older than he is reported to be on debut, yet is still playing 20 years later.

The ultimate troll cricketer.

Haters can suck it.
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Boom Boom is a legend. Extremely overrated by some and extremely underrated by others. But if there is one thing we all can agree on, is his entertainment value. Afridi WAG.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funnily enough his test batting record looks really impressive, 5 tons in 27 matches @ 37 or whatever is better than plenty of 'smarter' batsmen

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Very typical of Pakistani "excitement" cricketers.

Abdur Razzaq, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Anwar.

Brilliant cricketers, brilliant to watch and performed some truly amazing feats for their country.

Afridi will be missed, colorful character, great spin bowler, great power hitter and while you might say he didn't get the most out of his talent, he can walk away from the game knowing he will be remembered.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll never forget how his fielders denied him the chance to beat India and make it to a final in a tournament where I thought he lead exceptionally well.

ATG entertainer. Slogged his way through most of his career with the bat before slogging became cool.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anwar deserve to be in that list? Wasn't he more of a long time consistent servant? The rest seemed to perform in patches

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There is absolutely no confirmation that he is retiring for good after the WorldT20. So all this could very well be premature..and not for the first time either.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Anwar deserve to be in that list? Wasn't he more of a long time consistent servant? The rest seemed to perform in patches
Anwar's 194 was ahead of its time as was his strike rate of 80 in ODI Cricket. He was a lot more consistent than the rest of them but he was still an excitement machine who didn't get the most out of his talent in tests in particular. He deserved a 50+ average with his talent.

Kirkut

International Regular
Cleanest hitter of sixes I've ever seen. Very fun guy, Lala is a favourite in India too !

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cleanest hitter of sixes I've ever seen. Very fun guy, Lala is a favourite in India too !
Ganguly hit clean sixes. Sanath hit clean, effortless looking sixes. Also Saeed Anwar as people have already mentioned. Afridi's sixes are usually mighty heaves with plenty of chance of something going wrong.

Last edited: