• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aussie selectors

Linda

International Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
North is also a good future prospect, however would have to step it up a little more in my opinion, a little too inconsistant.

Does anyone else rate Cleary?
Firstly, me me! I love Cleary, hes a real champ...

As for North hes averaged a tick under 50 in the Pura Cup this year, with 2 hundreds, 5 fifties and no not outs. In the ING Cup, his lowest score this season has been 11*, hes averaging very high but mostly due to his constand not-outs... still its not his fault they cant dimiss him!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No point trying to look that far ahead - you're just guessing for 3 years, let alone more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
hes averaging very high but mostly due to his constand not-outs... still its not his fault they cant dimiss him!
I never understand why people go on so much about "he only averages that high due to not-outs".
It really doesn't make any sense. There is some credit to be had for not getting out - indeed, that's the whole point of batting.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
why not have a guess at 2008

ODI
North
Katich (vc)
Ponting (c)
Clarke
Symonds
Thornley/ Watson
Hartley (wk)
Lee
Hauritz
Gillespie
Tait

test:

Meulman
Katich (vc)
Ponting (c)
Clarke
North
Watson
Hartley (wk)
Lee
Gillespie
Inness
Rofe

pure speculation though :)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
I never understand why people go on so much about "he only averages that high due to not-outs".
It really doesn't make any sense. There is some credit to be had for not getting out - indeed, that's the whole point of batting.
:O I agree with that 100%

People have dished Beven before saying he would only avarge 35 odd if he batted in the top 4 for Australia because he would not have not outs to save him but IMO thats rubbish.

Just look at his domestic list A stats he avrages 60 even with his ODI game's not included and has ALWAYS batted at number three for NSW and in county cricket.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Some kid who's still playing U15/16s now most likely.
there are a couple of very talented 15/16 year olds going around at the moment, in a year or so they might get close to 2nd XI state sides, will have to wait and see how they develop :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
:O I agree with that 100%

People have dished Beven before saying he would only avarge 35 odd if he batted in the top 4 for Australia because he would not have not outs to save him but IMO thats rubbish.

Just look at his domestic list A stats he avrages 60 even with his ODI game's not included and has ALWAYS batted at number three for NSW and in county cricket.
I have been at pains to point this out to so many people. Very few listen.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Well of course, but I knew that if I had said his average was 94 (which it is) they would instantly say its because of his constant not-outs! I hate it too, which is why I said it.

By the way, better add a not out to his Pura Cup record for this year now... 130 not out that is ;)