• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andre Russell cleared to play T20 despite missing doping tests

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Andre Russell cleared to play in World T20 - Cricbuzz

Couldn't see this being discussed here, and I'm posting it here instead of the World T20 forum because its not just about that tournament, but doping in general.

How on Earth is this able to happen? Surely ICC step in and say "yeah you can't dodge tests and then play our tournaments?" This is so dodgy from "Dre Russ"

Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission clearing him is crazy. Makes you wonder whether the Jamaican bobsled team from Cool Runnings were on the juice as well:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono acting noticeably nicer than when discussing the unfairly prosecuted Essendon 34

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I have no doubt Dre Russ had a chat with James Hird when he was down in Australia playing the Big Bash. Would explain everything.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its hard to remember when you have only yourself on your mind 24/7/

Howe_zat

Audio File
Maybe he's profoundly stupid?
Yeah he just doesn't understand the idea of doping tests.

A peruse of his twtter feed finds several things that Andre Russell doesn't quite grasp the proper use of, including but not limited to bills, online transactions and washing lines

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he just doesn't understand the idea of doping tests.

A peruse of his twtter feed finds several things that Andre Russell doesn't quite grasp the proper use of, including but not limited to bills, online transactions and washing lines

I didn't know he was involved in money-laundering.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
ICC is a comically bad organising body honestly. For all the crap FIFA gets for instance, at least they generally have reasonable tournament formats, schedule teams to play each other at frequent, predictable intervals, don't absurdly favour some countries over others, all of which the ICC fails at. And then there's stuff like this.

Admittedly they do other awful **** but yeah, this is really poor.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He'll end up knocking England out by scoring the winning runs. We've had a habit of getting beaten by drug cheats recently.

Bijed

International Regular
He'll end up knocking England out by scoring the winning runs. We've had a habit of getting beaten by drug cheats recently.
I assume you're referring to Yasir Shah, but have there been others? I hope I'm not coming across as trying to challenge you, I'm just interested