• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc, chameera, amir, rabada or Joseph

Tom Flint

International Regular
5 exciting quick young bowlers who are likely go on to lead their countries attack for many years..but who do you think has the potential to be the best
Amir for me he seems to have every fast bowling skill covered and his pace is up at 90+ even though he has been away from the game for 5 years.

Stefan9

International Debutant
KG as he is the youngest of them, the only one with a 10 wicket haul in test cricket atm and most importantly not a cheater who shouldn't be playing international cricket.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah.. ok I suspected that. Way to early to group him with the other names.

I'd put my money on Starc, I keep getting the impression he'll suddenly crack the code in 5-day cricket and go on a ridiculous run like his namesake did for those 8 glorious Tests in 2013-14 (though hopefully his lasts a bit longer). He dominated the last World Cup individually like no one has done since Klusener in '99.

Niall

International Coach
Amir is gun, the only question mark over him is how will he bowl in tests outside pitches which are dead?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc has the potential to be much better than Johnson because he does have the ability to move the ball both off the seam (in helpful conditions) and in the air..which means potentially he can take wickets in places not called Australia or South Africa. He just has to be bit more consistent about it and rely a bit less on the yorker the way he does in LO cricket. If the yorker is your main wicket taking delivery in tests, then it won't take the best batsmen much time to figure out how to neutralise you.

I think he can develop the swing/seam skills to a more consistent level, there's no stopping him in test cricket.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Amir is gun, the only question mark over him is how will he bowl in tests outside pitches which are dead?
You know what's interesting Amir being in the side tends to coincide with Pakistan playing mostly away.
2009-10 - Sri Lanka, Australia, England
2016 - England, New Zealand and Australia (with a potential WI series in between at UAE).

I'll be very interested to see how he bowls in UAE as well because ultimately Pakistan does play most of their cricket there and he will need to figure out a way to bowl well there.
I know he can reverse the ball, so that will come in handy. Rahat Ali and Junaid (at his best in the past) were able to find movement with the new ball albeit for a short period.
So Amir should pick it up as well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Amir and Rabada are nailed on ATGs.
Not sure on either right now. Rabada is bound to take a lot of wickets. However, to be ATG he would have to take them at a terrific rate which doesn't always happen. Example: Ntini, Harbhajan. Amir, we don't know how long he will last. If he keeps performing for a year or two, we might be more confident on his lasting.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Starc for me as well. He keeps improving. It has been nice to see the progression the last few years.

Gob

International Coach
People were expecting Starc to tear apart test cricket for a while based on LO stuff but unless he is taking the 2nd new ball, he has been pretty disappointing in tests and just when it looked like he has finally arrived vs NZ this summer he got injured. Loads of potential though

Flem274*

123/5
such a random assortment of bowlers. The best ODI bowler in the world lumped in with an under 19s kid. Bit of a br00tal comparison.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Who was comparing them haha. Just said 5 young fast bowlers who are likely to be their countries strike bowlers for years to come and asking who do people think could go the furthest. Wasn't asking who is the best right now!
People on here so keen to have a pop at someone rather than actually talk about cricket lol

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who was comparing them haha. Just said 5 young fast bowlers who are likely to be their countries strike bowlers for years to come and asking who do people think could go the furthest. Wasn't asking who is the best right now!
People on here so keen to have a pop at someone rather than actually talk about cricket lol
Did you have Alzari Joseph in mind? because I kinda had to google that and wasn't sure.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Agree with Gob, Starc was starting to look like a test bowler in that last test (?) against New Zealand a few months ago. Damn shame he got injured as bad as he did. Hopefully on his return he hasn't lost his mojo. Amir hasn't lost anything, can't wait to see him in tests. Rabada is killing it at the moment, 20 and already leading his country's attack. Chameera has a lot of potential, hopefully he'll develop into more than just a speedy bowler.
I have to include Mustafizur as well. I don't care what anyone says, he's a bloody brilliant bowler as of late. Sure, he hasn't played outside of Bangladesh yet, but it's not like Bangladesh have been getting any tests outside of home.