• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc, chameera, amir, rabada or Joseph

the big bambino

International Captain
It's a very late start for a genuine fast bowler though. Often they've had a few injuries and/or slowed down by this age
He’s been around for a while hasn’t he? FC at least. Maybe not being picked as a younger has helped but I still reckon bowlers can maintain those speeds even into their early 30s like Lee and maybe Akhtar.

Edit. Shannon Gabriel is 31 and motors it.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
ferguson was pretty unknown before 2015 i think, which puts him at 23-24 for fc emergence. edit - 2013 fc dayboo according to cricinfo but his name isn't even on the scorecard so idk

and no one was suggesting tim 'my place is under threat, better take some wickets' southee for this but it's not unlike marc and tjb to be incapable of basic reading comprehension.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Wouldn't write off Joseph just yet. Sensational bowler when fit and firing, but has had a awful run with injuries as of the last couple of years. Love his bowling action but I do get the sense it puts a worrying amount of strain on his back
I thought he would be up there with Rabada, having been similarly heads and shoulders above all others at Under 19 level.

Skill wise he is there but he simply has to stop getting injured to reach his full potential.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and no one was suggesting tim 'my place is under threat, better take some wickets' southee for this but it's not unlike marc and tjb to be incapable of basic reading comprehension.
What else is the below supposed to suggest?

Rabada, Bumrah, Cummins and Archer the fab 4 of fast-bowling?
Tim Southee has been excellent in recent years and offers a lot (especially with leadership, fielding, and hitting power) but I’d love to see Ferguson debut this summer. He’s 28, but is as exciting as those four above.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Kumara might be one to watch. He’s only 22 and can hit 150. As he learns his craft he’ll be a handful.
Yeah Chameera was very classically Sri Lankan, skiddy and slippery (and rarely on the park) but Kumara is strong, hits the pitch really hard and is able to hit the seam, very aggressive with the short ball too, has already done well overseas but will struggle at home one feels