• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Tendulkar a jerk?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
SRT used to not like taking the first strike in ODIs and poor Ganguly had to face the first ball of the inning. Ganguly once recounted how they discussed that for a particular game, he wanted to be off strike starting off. As soon as they reached the middle, Ganguly found Tendulkar standing at the runner's end.
You've heard the last part of the story wrong. It's true that Tendulkar never wanted to take strike; he never listened to captain Ganguly's request. So, one day Ganguly was frustrated with this and he went and stood at the runner's end. Tendulkar couldn't fight with his friend and teammate, especially in public. So he had no choice apart from taking strike. Ganguly has jokingly recounted this story on several platforms, even during Tendulkar's book launch.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SRT used to not like taking the first strike in ODIs and poor Ganguly had to face the first ball of the inning. Ganguly once recounted how they discussed that for a particular game, he wanted to be off strike starting off. As soon as they reached the middle, Ganguly found Tendulkar standing at the runner's end.
An exception was that World Cup match against Pakistan in 2003. Hit Wasim for 4 first ball. Though I think it might have been Sehwag at the other end.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The Bradman thread is a few days old and limped it's way to 4 pages. This thread is a few hours old and already halfway there...a fair rehash of how easily Tendulkar went past Bradman's measly 6K runs

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
How long before we get a "IWill [INSERT YOUNG BATTING PRODIGY] become a jerk" thread. Just to complete the Past tense-Present tense-future tense continuum.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How long before we get a "Will {INSERT YOUNG BATTING PRODIGY] become a jerk" thread. Just to complete the Past tense-Present tense-future tense continuum.
Smith's on it. Taking over the mantle that once seemed destined to belong to noted Tendulkar fanboi Kohli.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Bradman thread is a few days old and limped it's way to 4 pages. This thread is a few hours old and already halfway there...a fair rehash of how easily Tendulkar went past Bradman's measly 6K runs
Took Tendulkar quite a while to get past 6000 actually. India played 4-5 tests a year on an average first 8 or so years of Tendulkar's career.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
Only a jerk would give himself 100 out of 100

Daemon

Only a jerk would try to give himself credit for such a simple translation

Burgey

Sorry, much like Jerkdulkar himself, I chose not hear what was going on in this thread.

Yes he's a jerk. Never a team player. Would rather have scored a ton in a losing side than make a duck in a winning one.

He's such a jerk they named the Jerkus Maximis after him in Rome.

Jerk.