• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official: Australia in South Africa 2016 T20I Series***

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2016 T20I Series

Apparently this is a thing...

1st T20I: South Africa v Australia at Durban on Mar 4, 2016
(18:00 local | 16:00 GMT)
2nd T20I: South Africa v Australia at Johannesburg on Mar 6, 2016
(14:30 local | 12:30 GMT)
3rd T20I: South Africa v Australia at Cape Town on Mar 9, 2016
(18:00 local | 16:00 GMT)

Edit: Muffed the title slightly as well. Nobody'll care, just like this series

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not a particularly interesting thought, but they really should just do a T20 tri nations thing with NZ ala the Asian Cup

Marius

International Debutant
It's not a particularly interesting thought, but they really should just do a T20 tri nations thing with NZ ala the Asian Cup
That could be cool.

Maybe add Zim too and make a little mini-quad series.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So since his is a thing.

I would like to see the following team against Aus:

QDK
Amla
AB
Faf
Rossouw
Miller
Morris
Abbott
Rabada
Steyn
Imran Tahir

I know People say AB should open, but the only way that happens for me is if we drop Amla and I cant do that... Amla generally uses the powerplay well and then can bat through the innings, class is class. QDK and AB give all the striking ability we need at the top of the order. The rest of team plays itself. I think Duminy might still be given the go ahead in front of Roussouw though; Morris has shown his ability to finish the innings if needed and I would much rather have a genuine wicket taking bowler in Steyn/Abbott over Wiese. Creates a little of a long tail but for me the top six should be doing the work anyway...

Stefan9

International Debutant
So since his is a thing.

I would like to see the following team against Aus:

QDK
Amla
AB
Faf
Rossouw
Miller
Morris
Abbott
Rabada
Steyn
Imran Tahir

I know People say AB should open, but the only way that happens for me is if we drop Amla and I cant do that... Amla generally uses the powerplay well and then can bat through the innings, class is class. QDK and AB give all the striking ability we need at the top of the order. The rest of team plays itself. I think Duminy might still be given the go ahead in front of Roussouw though; Morris has shown his ability to finish the innings if needed and I would much rather have a genuine wicket taking bowler in Steyn/Abbott over Wiese. Creates a little of a long tail but for me the top six should be doing the work anyway...
You sure your team gets past mister lorgat? You only have 3 poc players in your team.

The team I would play:

1.Amla
2.AB
3.QDK
4.Faf
5.JP
6.Miller
7.Wiese
8.Morris
9.Steyn
10.Radaba
11.Tahir

Ps. Steve Smith needs to shut up trying to tell the SA groundsman how to prepare pitches...Didn't see him demanding spinning pitches during the aussie summer to prepare...

FBU

International Debutant
You sure your team gets past mister lorgat? You only have 3 poc players in your team.

The team I would play:

1.Amla
2.AB
3.QDK
4.Faf
5.JP
6.Miller
7.Wiese
8.Morris
9.Steyn
10.Radaba
11.Tahir

Ps. Steve Smith needs to shut up trying to tell the SA groundsman how to prepare pitches...Didn't see him demanding spinning pitches during the aussie summer to prepare...
Wiese definitely. 14 matches 21 wickets at 15.52 econ 7.03 s/r 13.2
Best strike rate of any South African.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
You sure your team gets past mister lorgat? You only have 3 poc players in your team..
While not clear, my comment regarding Duminy probably getting in ahead of Rossouw is for this reason. I just really hope Duminy can sort his bowling then he could be key for the T20`s in India.

Wiese definitely. 14 matches 21 wickets at 15.52 econ 7.03 s/r 13.2 Best strike rate of any South African.
Sorry disagree with this (not the stats, but they will change)... Wiese is a good player but he is picked for his batting more than his bowling, and my belief is he can hit the Domestic bowlers a mile but will struggle against top quality international stuff he has done nothing batting wise in T20... and i`ve seem him get hit 2 many times(domestically) to trust him as my 5th bowler. I would much rather player a genuine wicket taking bowler in Abbott, who is also a good death bowler. Like in any cricket, wickets win you the matches.

In the bigger scale for the SA cricket team, the problem we have is that we do not have any world class all-rounders atm, somebody who can make it into the team based on either there bowling or batting standalone, but can also contribute elsewhere. This means we keep picking "allround" players who while domestically good I believe are not adequate for international level as neither skill actually stands up under scrutiny. I think only one all-rounder has a place in the SA T20 team. Wiese I don`t think will improve, Morris has lots of potential, so I pick Morris.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Would be a big mistake to push Warner down the order

Warner
Khawaja
Watson
Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Neville
Zampa (fitness permitting)
Hazlewood
NCN

Tough for Arun who is apparently the best t20 batsman in the world

Daemon

He was until Smith replaced him
Right, he captained a game against India where Smith was playing which is why I thought he was the new captain.

Harsh to drop someone who averages 41 @ 150 in T20Is but it seems like the right choice

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Would be a big mistake to push Warner down the order

Warner
Khawaja
Watson
Smith
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Neville
Zampa (fitness permitting)
Hazlewood
NCN

Tough for Arun who is apparently the best t20 batsman in the world
Is that sarcastic or true???

Is this the best Aus team available for the T20 and World cup? (taking away Starc who is injured) Sorry I have not been keeping up with the Aus teams much.. Or do you expect to see a different team in India?

Daemon

Is this the best Aus team available for the T20 and World cup? (taking away Starc who is injured) Sorry I have not been keeping up with the Aus teams much.. Or do you expect to see a different team in India?
He's ranked 1 by ICC.

T20I rankings aren't great though obviously. Not enough of them played for it to be accurate.

Gob

International Coach

Nah this is pretty much what you would see in india

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And in the end SA do not play Amla or Steyn.... does not make sense to me. Well lets see how we go, interested to see the new spinner, Zampa, for Aus, been lots of talk about him..

Compton

International Debutant
I like that Australia have waited until picking Shane Watson makes sense until dropping him. Exactly the opposite of most of his test career.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And in the end SA do not play Amla or Steyn.... does not make sense to me. Well lets see how we go, interested to see the new spinner, Zampa, for Aus, been lots of talk about him..
He's ****. I can comfortably pick him from about 100 yards away in the top tier behind deep midwicket.

I really should not be awake for this.