• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official: Australia in South Africa 2016 T20I Series***

Shady Slim

International Coach
Khawaja
Finch
Watson*
Warner
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Hastings
Zampa
Nevill
Hazelwood

since smith has to be there you'd probably move watto to opening and shaft finch

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not a huge Finch fan but really don't think he can be left out of the t20 team. Among all players with 500+ international t20 runs he's second in average and second in scoring rate. His form is also fine. He's definitely done more to be worth that spot than Khawaja IMO. Also a superior fielder.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saw some brief highlights of the game. Did TPC actually play a deliberate Draw Shot? I can't say I've ever seen one played on purpose before. Be amazing if it became a regular thing again in cricket, and would only be fitting if TPC once again revolutionised the way the game is played. WAG

Niall

International Coach
Well short with the bat after the platform that qdk and hash had laid. Bowling wasn't great but from what hash said and the way the aussie guys played seems to have been a great pitch.

Things to ponder about come world 20/20. all of AB,Hash and QDK simply has to play don't care you slot them in but they are better players then jp,rr or behardien.

Amla-QDK-Faf-ABDV-Miller- Duminy-Wiese-Morris-Rabada- Abbot - Tahir

Its not a perfect line up, but don't know any other alternatives at such a late moment. Rilee and Behardian have done nothing to merit selection and I don't rate Steyn in t20 cricket.

Striking similarity between David Wiese and Anwar Ali. Both are crap.
Question, how do we rate Anwar, Wiese and Jordan in order??

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw some brief highlights of the game. Did TPC actually play a deliberate Draw Shot? I can't say I've ever seen one played on purpose before. Be amazing if it became a regular thing again in cricket, and would only be fitting if TPC once again revolutionised the way the game is played. WAG
Definitely deliberate, surprised he hasn't tried it more since he pulled it out in the 2014 summer.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Amla-QDK-Faf-ABDV-Miller- Duminy-Wiese-Morris-Rabada- Abbot - Tahir

Its not a perfect line up, but don't know any other alternatives at such a late moment. Rilee and Behardian have done nothing to merit selection and I don't rate Steyn in t20 cricket.
I never understand why people want to drop a quality player like Steyn, its almost like he is held to a different standard because of his Tests performances. With an economy of 6.51 in T20 cricket not many bowlers are better than him, and certainly not in RSA. He was the most economical bowler on show yesterday, bowled a few delivers above the 145km/h mark. What more does he have to do? I am not saying he is the best in the world at T20 but I would trust him and pick him over Abbot and as much as I love Rabada he is still only 20, and having Dale Steyn standing next to him rather than Abbot when bowling in a WC is for me a far better proposition.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Dropping Steyn is absurd.

T20 records: Dale Steyn 57 wickets @ 16.5 econ of 6.52
Kyle Abbot 19 wickets @ 25.68 econ 7.93

T20 might not be his best format but he is no slouch at it.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Khawaja
Finch
Watson*
Warner
Maxwell
Marsh
Faulkner
Hastings
Zampa
Nevill
Hazelwood

since smith has to be there you'd probably move watto to opening and shaft finch
Could Aus not just drop Mitch Marsh and then you can play all 3 of Khawaja, Finch and Watson, who are all far better batters than Marsh, and you'd still have 6 bowlers?

Gob

International Coach
Could Aus not just drop Mitch Marsh and then you can play all 3 of Khawaja, Finch and Watson, who are all far better batters than Marsh, and you'd still have 6 bowlers?
That actually not a bad call and something I've considered my self. That being said, unlike in tests Mitch Marsh's batting in this format could be genuinely brilliant and his batting does contribute to his place in t20s and oders far more than it does for tests. I don't mind it either way but if junior Marsh is playing i would like to see him taking the new ball

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but then you have the same problem as before -- 4 openers and a #3 all competing for 3 spots, which results in people playing out of position (and generally being unsuited to it).

Spikey

Finch has worked at 6 before tbf.

If we were to do that, it would really leave them no reason to pick Forkers Faulkner imo

Daemon

Warner looks absolutely fine at 4 imo.

Finch
Khawaja
Watson
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Faulkner
Nevill
Spinner
Haze
Hastings

It appears i have forgotten about the big show

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The hilarious thing is, Warner looked pretty good at four, so immediately Lehmann talked about promoting him to open!

The inevitable first round exit when Australia performs as far less than the sum of their parts is going to be so satisfying.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Finch is pretty clearly a better T20 batsman than Marsh at this stage, but whether he's actually a better #6 is much less clear really.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
MMarsh is better suited to batting up the order. As is Finch. I think both would be pretty average at #6 since they both take time to get going.