• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest shots by tailenders/wickets from part timers

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
greatest part time bowler wicket taking performance has to be Jimmy's 1983 WC Semis and Finals performance.....
Greatest shots by a tail-ender has to be Walsh's defensive shots when Lara was making his epic 153* sealing that famous victory..

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I still remember this one vividly, the reaction was huge.
Does Tommy Martin's 5 (one and four overthrows) from Dunedin '12 v SA exist on youtube? I've told this story before but I arrived at the ground late, and there was an incredible roar I could hear from across the park next to Uni Oval. Took me a while to work out what the hell it could be.

JBMAC

State Captain
The greatest shots by a tailender........Lindsay Kline's blocking shots (partnered by Ken "slasher" Mackay) denying the West Indies a win in the 60/61 tour of Australia. It really was superb from a #11