• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who belongs on cricket's Mount Rushmore?

cnerd123

likes this
My serious answer would be Wisden, Grace, Bradman and Sachin ftr.

We really need a bowler in there but I can't bring myself to select Warne.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If I had to put a cricket books related figure in there, I would put Cardus for influencing cricket literature like he did.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Kallis is undermentioned, best all rounder of all time.
Murali - most wickets
Tendulkar - most runs
Bradman - highest average
Lara - highest score in innings
Laker - best bowling ever in innings

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Yay Jord is back!!

Do you think Imran Khan is a filthy ball tampering cheat too Jord?
I think ball tampering should be allowed, but he's definitely the grandfather of it. Chris Pringle learnt from the Pakistanis though.

smash84

The Tiger King
My serious answer would be Wisden, Grace, Bradman and Sachin ftr.

We really need a bowler in there but I can't bring myself to select Warne.
I understand why Tendulkar may belong on a cricketing Rushmore but Imran has a stronger case and he should definitely be on a cricketing Rushmore

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Imran brought Pakistan together for a while but they were in disarray again after he left. He maybe a great cricketer but Tendulkar would be there ahead of him for the money and subcontinent power which came along with him apart from Tendulkar's worth as a cricketer.

smash84

The Tiger King
Imran brought Pakistan together for a while but they were in disarray again after he left. He maybe a great cricketer but Tendulkar would be there ahead of him for the money and subcontinent power which came along with him apart from Tendulkar's worth as a cricketer.
are you saying the money and power would not have come if Tendulkar had not been around? :huh:

Plus Imran perfected reverse swing and passed it on. ATG Captain, one of the greatest cricketers of all time due to being ATG fast bowler and decent bat, increased the female fan following of cricket in Pakistan exponentially, one of the leading voices in cricket that brought in neutral umpires, started a culture of fast bowling in Pakistan and mentored ATG bowlers.

Sachin while a great batsman was arguably the ****test captain ever, part time bowler, safe fielder, inspired batsmen in later generation and?

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
No. Not sure how we can ascertain either way. He symbolises that time in the subcontinent neverthless.
yeah his rise is coincidental with India's economic rise but I don't see why he deserves to be on cricket rushmore ahead of Imran. Add to my points about Tendy if you want to but bring something that he actually did to become iconic. India's money and power are not really reasons why he should be on a cricketing rushmore.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
are you saying the money and power would not have come if Tendulkar had not been around? :huh:

Plus Imran perfected reverse swing and passed it on. ATG Captain, one of the greatest cricketers of all time due to being ATG fast bowler and decent bat, increased the female fan following of cricket in Pakistan exponentially, one of the leading voices in cricket that brought in neutral umpires, started a culture of fast bowling in Pakistan and mentored ATG bowlers.

Sachin while a great batsman was arguably the ****test captain ever, part time bowler, safe fielder, inspired batsmen in later generation and?
Worshipped and loved like no other in the history of the game.